Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tinted Glass or Not

pencil pusher

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2010 VLX that has the tinted glass - I see most boats on here without the tinted glass. Is the tinted glass a no-no. Thought i should ask the experts.

Tinted glass is a HUGE YES, unless you are always out at night, then stay away from 5% as previously stated.

If the VLX is a good deal, then buy it, who cares about the tint. Tint comes at no cost to you, just a little bit of time.

I like the idea of tinted windows on a boat. I have them on my vehicle and the wife's. We don't boat at night so I dont think it will be a vision issue for us. Before next summer I am gonna get mine done on my '10 VLX. I am going to get a light tint.

Edited by BrianT

I have it love it and everybody has told me they love it and cools the boat down for the kids to sleep and it's all about the kids.

I love the look, but will never have mine tinted. We drive the boat fully sitting down and look through the glass. The PNW rarely warms up enough to put the bolster up and drive looking over the glass. I always wear polarized sunglasses and the combo of sunglasses and tint make it hard to see debris in the water around here. I'd love to do it, but it won't happen until I move somewhere warmer and have less crap in the water.

... I always wear polarized sunglasses and the combo of sunglasses and tint make it hard to see debris in the water around here. ...

never thought of that. great point! i always have my sunglasses on and the tint would definately screw up the view.

We bought our boat with tint. I don't know what % it is but I think it looks great and doesn't bother us. We are out at night a lot too. Don't let the tint sway you one way or another. if you like the boat, get it!

img08331h.jpg"]http://img08331h.jpg