Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Window Tinting

Sledgehammer

I'm in Mid-Michigan and want to have the windows tinted on my '05 Wakesetter. Any recommendations on places to go? I've taken it to 2 different places that can't do it, I've even had the windshield removed completely to have it done. Do they tint on the inside or outside?

I'm in so cal, so I can not comment on we're to go, but it should be done on the inside of the windshield. If you did the outside, you're setting up for it to get ruined through debris hitting from wind while towing/driving. There was video on you tube somewhere where a company showed tinting an 05 and tinted the outside. I couldn't believe the customer would be happy with that, I would make them redo the whole thing

I have an 06 that I plan on doing this winter. I am removing the windshield to replace dash speaker. Has someone refused to do it after you removed it? If so what was the reason.

I had a guy refuse it with windshield removed. He said it was because he had nothing to fixture the windshield to-to keep it from moving while he's working on it...

I too am planning to have mine done this fall (and replacing speakers). ..and also looking for any recommendations.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I had a guy refuse it with windshield removed. He said it was because he had nothing to fixture the windshield to-to keep it from moving while he's working on it...

I too am planning to have mine done this fall (and replacing speakers). ..and also looking for any recommendations.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Recommendation on speakers ? Easy Exile ! (I love mine so I'm biased) Tint ? I would go limo but the CFO didnt want it so I didn't. I am a firm believer darker is better. Also if you need my tint guy he is based in West Bloomfield which isn't far from you. Let me know and post pics after !

Claudio