Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

To winterize or not to winterize?

VLX_Fixation

Hey guys, so i live in southern California and realistically our winters get down to mid 40's at the coolest. Im not sure how many rides ill b able to get in through the winter because i have a daughter coming in a month...what do you guys recommend i do for winter??

Change the oil. Put some fuel stabilizer in it if you think the fuel will be in the tank for any length of time. Beyond that, I don't see the point in doing much else as you may use the boat here and there and no worry of a freeze.

Change the oil. Put some fuel stabilizer in it if you think the fuel will be in the tank for any length of time. Beyond that, I don't see the point in doing much else as you may use the boat here and there and no worry of a freeze.

Sweet, thanks! I just had 100hr service 10 hrs ago which included the oil change clearly. You think i should change it again?

My brother used to live in Canyon Lake, near Temecula. They don't ever winterize there either & every year someone would end up with some damage. Heater core, shower valve, water pump, etc. Something will crack if you do nothing at all.

I'd drain it & sleep at night..... even when it's cold.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Hey guys, so i live in southern California and realistically our winters get down to mid 40's at the coolest. Im not sure how many rides ill b able to get in through the winter because i have a daughter coming in a month...what do you guys recommend i do for winter??

Is this your first baby?

If yes, put boat away for six months.

Lol yes first baby. Thats what ive heard...haha luckily shes coming at the end of the season so if i have to lock the boat away for a few months it isnt too devastating. Lol but my wifes pretty anxious to get the baby out on the boat too so we will see! Haha

Lol yes first baby. Thats what ive heard...haha luckily shes coming at the end of the season so if i have to lock the boat away for a few months it isnt too devastating. Lol but my wifes pretty anxious to get the baby out on the boat too so we will see! Haha

That's awesome. It took us a few months to figure out how to get portable, but once you see her and hold her it won't matter at all

I live in Yorba Linda an I do not winterize, never had an issue. Run the boat as low as possible on fuel, some stabilizer, done. I usually change the oil myself, so I'll change it at the end of the season, and still fire her up at least once a month, then change at the beginning. Pretty cheap if you do it yourself, and worth the piece of mind. Congrats on the new one. My wife let me take ours to the river at three weeks old. (yes I said let me. That could have gone in a different direction :) )

Lol agreed with the LET comment. I caught her unrolling the cover off the boat the other day to see how well the carseat fits under the dash right below the heater. Haha i knew i loved her!

Babies are great on boats. We didn't get our daughter out on the water until 6 months due to when she was born (December) and the boating weather before then. She loved it a lot and the boat made her just pass out - she was most happy when we were moving just like in the car. I would have been comfortable taking her at about the 3 month mark.