Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm out, who else is done for the year?

Levi900RR

Shrinkwrapped mine on Sunday afternoon. Wind picked up just as we were finishing it up, good thing! Trying to heat that stuff in the wind is not fun! I wanted to throw my factory cover in the trash when I took it off it was so wet inside. I'm thinking it's time for an Evolution in the Spring.

I'm not rubbing it in but... we rode yesterday. It was 78, the water was 71 and like glass. I just bought a new board last week that I can't get enough of so I'm riding again tomorrow.

After pulling my boat we have had five striate days of Glass!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: This after weeks of rain wind and cold. I still needed to pull as I am just going to be in and out of town for the next two weeks and the wife and kid are not going to use it. Then I will be heading up to our cabin for dear hunting.

I've been out since july :( from injury. boats winterized, but that doesn't mean I won't get a set in this winter. 4 weeks till the screw comes out and I can start rebuilding my leg muscle. thinking dead of winter I'll be strong enough to ride again. looking at buying a drysuit. Doc also prefers I use a wake skate first month or so riding to avoid any stress on my foot. We do a lot of fishing in feb-march, thinking wake skate/drysuit behind the fishing boat those months. :) then bring the bu out in April. Water is still in 50s then, but whatever. I have 2nd half of this summer to make up for.

Last year we surfed til early Nov., here in WV. Had to winterize at that time, as I was building a boat garage for the winter, and my time was devoted to getting it done before bad weather. This year I have no immediate plans to winterize, and hope to surf into December, or until snowboarding season takes off.

We surfed the Ohio river yesterday, water was 65, air was 78 and sunny, It was an awesome fall day, with no one out but barges, and people pulling their docks out for the season. Wore a full suit, but no gloves or boots necessary. Last year, we quit at 49deg water, and I was fine in a drysuit with booties and 3mm gloves.

Biggest problem around here is finding people committed enough to go, that have full suit and/or drysuits for the later months. If you love wakeboarding and surfing, a fullsuit and drysuit extends your season by 2-3 months. With all the expenses we put towards our boats, this is one of the best decisions you can make.

I've been out since july :( from injury. boats winterized, but that doesn't mean I won't get a set in this winter. 4 weeks till the screw comes out and I can start rebuilding my leg muscle. thinking dead of winter I'll be strong enough to ride again. looking at buying a drysuit. Doc also prefers I use a wake skate first month or so riding to avoid any stress on my foot. We do a lot of fishing in feb-march, thinking wake skate/drysuit behind the fishing boat those months. :) then bring the bu out in April. Water is still in 50s then, but whatever. I have 2nd half of this summer to make up for.

That's cool that your Doc even knows what a wake skate is... Good luck on your recuperation.

Edited by DWhynot

Water in the low 60's, air in the high 70's. I rode last night with just a heater top. :) May have to finally winterize it this weekend though, the next 2 weeks look like crap. :(

Might be it for me unless I ride tomorrow. Water temp was 71 Tuesday night, air temp about the same but drops pretty quick around when the sun starts going down. I mostly ride early a.m. on weekends (those are out!) or after work. Sunset is inside 7pm so it's getting pretty difficult to get a couple of sets in. Next week looks awful - windy with highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s. Likely winterize the week of 11/4. I keep it on a lift year-round and don't like playing chicken with the weather.

We were hoping to make it to around Thanksgiving, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Today is one of the last nice days (81):(...

It will be highs in the mid 50s and lows in the 30s... Looks like we will pull it this weekend....

So, last weekend it was 90 degrees. I had the family all ready to go, boat hooked up to the truck, kids sunblocked etc. I checked the glove box for plugs etc. and looked at my insurance. DOH! I made it so that the boat was in layup from Oct 1! Oh, no. I quickly called the 800 number, but the insurance offices were closed. Had to tell the fam we can't go out. So disappointing. I'm still whipping myself...

We were out again tonight. I had two new surfers up and ropeless on the Teakgate wave. I love watching someone's face as the wave forms in front of them for the first time. :)

Air was unreal - it was 78 degrees today here. Water was about average for this time of year on the river - 53 degrees. The 10 day looks terrible. Highs in the 40's almost everyday. I sucked to oil out tonight for the end of year oil change. Next week begins the boat and trailer waxing. I might be done since there is snow in next weeks forecast. I want to keep messing with the gates!!

Brett, I'm so jealous! You Had a great first season with it. how many total hours? I may just cry after you tell me. But oh well

126 hours! It was a great first season with the boat, couldn't be happier with it. Will probably winterize today or tomorrow. :(

126 hours! It was a great first season with the boat, couldn't be happier with it. Will probably winterize today or tomorrow. :(

It's hard to put it down for the winter. Let's touch base and try and plan an icebreaker for the spring.
NorCal how many hours on your boat now? Must be a ton. :)

Nah. Only like 600. When we go out there's no cruising, no running to "the spot",... It's dump the boat, ski hard, done. That and there's four boats in our rotation so it's not always my boat.

Our personal boat is put away in storage, but our ski team had our last show today, there was frost on all the cars with 29 degree weather. Needless to say it was extremely cold but totally fun and worth it! my fingers and toes did not stop tingling to get blood flow until about 6 hours after the show!

Boat wasa officially winterized Saturday evening. All that is left to do is double check everything one more time and make sure the battery trickle charger cables are easy accessible, remove cushions, and strap the cover down good.

Skied yesterday after work. Air 76°, water 62°. Light breeze when we started at 3:30 but died off completely around 4:30. Glass until we finished around 6:00. Trying to find a 3rd to go this afternoon although it certainly is not as warm today. Little storm blowing through and then back to the mid-70's for the week-end.

So, last weekend it was 90 degrees. I had the family all ready to go, boat hooked up to the truck, kids sunblocked etc. I checked the glove box for plugs etc. and looked at my insurance. DOH! I made it so that the boat was in layup from Oct 1! Oh, no. I quickly called the 800 number, but the insurance offices were closed. Had to tell the fam we can't go out. So disappointing. I'm still whipping myself...

If i was that close to going to the lake, that wouldn't have stopped me....i know, that would be the one time something went horribly wrong!

pulled my boat for winterization Saturday (10/27) as was depressed but things are ok... Got 18" of snow 10/29-31 and slopes are officially open :) the quickest transition period ever!