Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm out, who else is done for the year?

Levi900RR

Finally finished winterizing yesterday, had to flush water jacket to get rid of all the grit that built up inside over the summer! Now I'm counting down the days till she goes back in for next summer!

If i was that close to going to the lake, that wouldn't have stopped me....i know, that would be the one time something went horribly wrong!

I struggled with it for longer than I like to admit, but it was the right decision. Plus if the wife found out she would freak. Her trust in me is critical for future boating enjoyment... :innocent:

That's cool that your Doc even knows what a wake skate is... Good luck on your recuperation.

he said I was his 3rd wake boarding related surgery of the month. think he gets a handful every summer. the cable park in town probably contributes to that also.

Headed up to the lake this weekend :] then will get the boat ready for hibernation. But I did promise my friend to ride new years day, wetsuited up. Good ole' southern california for you

We had a break in the weather pattern finally today and we got out for some awesome skiing. There was a heavy fog this morning which lifted just as we arrived at the river. We were then greeted by sun and absolute mirror-like glass. All of us were feeling the lack of skiing for the last month. Those muscles are unforgiving. What a great day.

Looks like we are back to the rain tomorrow.

50 degree air, 50 degree water. No wind & full sun. I have my 700 acre private lake back. 1000 registered boats & I'm sharing the lake with 2 fishermen and 1 dredge barge. The dredge barge, by the way, cost $1.7 million and will be bringing the bottom back to 8ft deep. The area where we normally set up the jump was 1ft deep this summer. I installed a shower and moved the "Y" pipe over to the correct side this fall. Fantastic!

I'm not pulling the boat out this year...hoping for some good sunny winter days.

With that said I've seen some of the calmest days of the year these past two weeks, but no one want's to play hookie from work with me and go :(.

Sad day yesterday... Winterized a few months ago, but finally got the end of season wash/wax and cleaning done. Boat now has the tarp on it. Can't wait for next year.

Sad day yesterday... Winterized a few months ago, but finally got the end of season wash/wax and cleaning done. Boat now has the tarp on it. Can't wait for next year.

We got the boat house up last weekend, winterized a few weeks ago. Still doing some clean up and projects on it, but sucks to have it stowed away. Next summer can't get here soon enough.

Water temp was 37.6 degrees yesterday but the air was 55 and sunny. I had a nice surf session but now I'm done. Winterized, cleaned and moved into the garge for another winter. It was an incredible year! -Marc

Skied on Friday, water was 62, air about 66-68...looks like a big storm coming this week, probably last time out. Was nice though, only had to wear a shortie suit, ready for spring!

Woke up to 2-3" of snow yesterday, but we did do some time on one of the tug boats we use. Pulled the rudder on a CC196 and greased the shaft. I was surprised no zerk fitting. I was planing on putting a new steering cable in but the rudder was the only problem. Our lake will likely get a sheet of ice this week many of the day show a Hi temp of low 20's