Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm out, who else is done for the year?

Levi900RR

We pulled the course, jump and dock last weekend. The Echelon is now cleaned and winterized waiting for next season.

Edited by coldwater-echelon

I'm down here in Austin, and I've just bought my oldest daughter a "skinsuit" to keep her a little bit warmer on our overcast fall days. Today was 91 degrees, however. Looking forward to the weekend. Should we go Sunday or Saturday.. or both?

I'm jealous of all the guys down South who say it's still too HOT too ride. Wish I had that problem up in the PNW.

I have had the `bu laid up for the last 4 weeks. Didn't have the time to use it in late Sept even though the weather was good. Now for winter projects... Maybe a surf gate... Hopefully.

Till next season.

Yeah man, I have to admit. I used my boat more this year that I have the entire time I've owned it. I pulled it and took my lift out a little early (right after labor day) and planned to run it off the trailer all of Sept and Oct but I am too spoiled after having it on the lift all year. I didn't use it once off the trailer! Next year I'll leave the lift and boat in a little longer and just tough it out taking everything down in the cold...

We had such a busy summer with other things we only got out once. Thankfully it was with my son's youth group and it was an all day excursion with three boats, a campground/beach and about 30 kids. Technically we started and ended on one day in July.

Good thing it's paid for....

• Like 1

WE are still on the water, almost the only boat out there (saw 2 fishing boats), 90 degree day, perfectly glass water,,, holding out till either they 5mph our lake or the weather buckles my crew. 2007 2477edc3d3e73ed88c7450d8fd6f381162e_rxcy.jpg

• Like 2
I'm down here in Austin, and I've just bought my oldest daughter a "skinsuit" to keep her a little bit warmer on our overcast fall days. Today was 91 degrees, however. Looking forward to the weekend. Should we go Sunday or Saturday.. or both?

Down in Austin as well. I'm thinking Sunday on Lake Austin.

probably winterize the next nice day - after a set or two.... had a decent season with some new tricks and the kid tore up the few tournaments he entered so I can't complain

-MalibuTime - we'll get in a set each month just to check it off the list - I'll give you a heads up in case you're interested

Just buttoned up mine yesterday for winter storage. I'd say it was a pretty good season overall, as I was able to start skiing on March 25th, and went out for my last shred of October 16th. Not bad for Minnesota!

I am out. :( I will be in and out of town the next 2 weeks and we should be getting cold nights. This is the earliest I have come out. We have had very poor weather this fall wind rain.

One of the worst ski season in the last 10 years or more. Bad weather and recovery, it was fun just not enough skiing. Well since I am out I want snow and a good sledding season.

Done? :no: Nope, I refuse.

Any Nor Cal slalom dogs want to get some turns in during the cooler months, drop me a note...

norcalibu at sbcglobal dot com

If you're about my size (6' 160 lbs) I have an extra drysuit that you can use once the water temps drop. :thumbup:

I may be interested if this winter is as dry as last winter was. Where abouts in NCal are you? I still haven't met my season goals.

My boat will be in thru the winter and ready for any nice day.

I may be interested if this winter is as dry as last winter was. Where abouts in NCal are you? I still haven't met my season goals.

My boat will be in thru the winter and ready for any nice day.

Sierra Foothills, small town called Penn Valley (a little west of Grass Valley), private lake (Lake Wildwood). We ski all winter, let me know...

Edited by NorCaliBu

Sierra Foothills, small town called Penn Valley (a little west of Grass Valley), private lake (Lake Wildwood). We ski all winter, let me know...

Ok, I know abouts where that is, when we were looking at where to buy our first home, Lake of the Pines was on the list, we also dabbled a bit on looking at Lake WW, but felt it was too far from a major city. I was hoping you were up off hwy 4 or 12 (a bit further south). But just maybe I can talk the wife into a quick ski on our way to the in-laws some time this winter (they live in Dutch Flat).