Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teakgate

martinarcher

I've been thinking dude, if Malibu doesn't see this and put your boat in some sort of hall of fame they are crazy. I am thinking at this point they should dip it in bronze and hang it in the lobby of the corporate headquarters.

Hey Matt, how about rigging up a way to automatically start a camcorder at a specified speed?!?!

Well if we can find a camera that can take some sort of digital input we're in. :) Other side we could always rig up a little servo to push the button on the camera. It's ghetto, but would work. :lol:

Well if we can find a camera that can take some sort of digital input we're in. :) Other side we could always rig up a little servo to push the button on the camera. It's ghetto, but would work. :lol:

Pretty sure the new Hero3 has a phone app that you could hack in to...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I took a couple videos yesterday of the gates deploying and retracting at different speeds. Thought I would share to help show how they work. Make sure to watch them in 480p (click the little gear icon on the player) as they look a lot better.

This video had the speed enable ON and both gates armed (meaning both gates will deploy). I'm not sure why you would ever want to run it this way, but what the heck....we're still testing right? The boat pauses at 10mph and the gates deploy, then continues to 20mph and the gate retract when the speed exceeds 13mph. The boat the slows back to 10mph and the gates deploy again, then back down to idle where they begin retracting as the boat falls below 7mph.

This one shows the speed enable ON and the left gate armed. The boat goes to surfish speed and deploys the gate, then exceeds 13mph where the gate retracts, then back to surf speed when the gate re-deploys. Finally we slowly slow down and the gate returns to the stowed position as the boat comes under 7mph. The boat is totally empty and Perfect Pass is off so don't judge the wakes. :lol: Now just need some wireless control form the wave! :rockon:

It's a sad day but I oficially scrapped my "nautique gate". I built it out using some used Lenco 102 XD's and gates almost the exact size/shape found on the 2013 VTX. It just didn't work for my hull design (stepped). Weighting one side works great but the even weighting just doesn't work. I had the boat slammed and it produced a very mediocre wave. When I moved everything to one side it was incredible (for my boat). I got out last Sunday (water temps at 37.6 and I took pictures of the guage!) and was crushed. I still plan to make a "wake shaper" attachment for my swim platform but it's just not the same. MartinArchers improvement are truly incredible but I think I tried everything and it's just a no-go with my wake. Bummed!

P.S. E-mail me if you want to buy 2 lenco 102's. I got them for 250 shipped and they worked great. I will sell them for $225 shipped. (Slightly different attachments on the gates but in some ways better) I also had a rig job on the boat attachments (used old style versus new and had to make some mods) that I will throw in. -Marc

I still plan to make a "wake shaper" attachment for my swim platform...

Never say never. WD-40 means water displacement 40th formula!

Keep us posted on the wave-shaper. I want to try that in conjuction with adding a custom ballast system.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a sad day but I oficially scrapped my "nautique gate". I built it out using some used Lenco 102 XD's and gates almost the exact size/shape found on the 2013 VTX. It just didn't work for my hull design (stepped). Weighting one side works great but the even weighting just doesn't work. I had the boat slammed and it produced a very mediocre wave. When I moved everything to one side it was incredible (for my boat). I got out last Sunday (water temps at 37.6 and I took pictures of the guage!) and was crushed. I still plan to make a "wake shaper" attachment for my swim platform but it's just not the same. MartinArchers improvement are truly incredible but I think I tried everything and it's just a no-go with my wake. Bummed!

P.S. E-mail me if you want to buy 2 lenco 102's. I got them for 250 shipped and they worked great. I will sell them for $225 shipped. (Slightly different attachments on the gates but in some ways better) I also had a rig job on the boat attachments (used old style versus new and had to make some mods) that I will throw in. -Marc

Bummer man. I missed your post. That's odd that it didn't work as well on your hull, but as we all know different boats react to conditions, weight, speed, etc totally different. if every hull threw the same wake it would be too boring right? :) I know WOW's wouldn't be near as fun. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...