Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sold the boat today!

bamabonners

With help from my awesome dealer, Pirates Cove Marine, I sold the boat to a very nice couple and 3 young kids with a lake house where we often boat. They were between a Mastercraft x15 and my VLX. The wife said the test drive and the amount space changed their minds. She also said the Mastercraft seemed a little "uppity" compared to the Malibu. LOL! I was a little sad to see it go because of the memories we have in it, but we are excited to start making more memories in the next one. We are definately going to get another Malibu. We will be looking for a VTX with surfgate and 3D hull.

Time to pick colors and options - I am thinking charcoal and Metallic blue...Maybe Metallic Red and black....Maybe black and white...

Edited by bamabonners
  • Like 2

Congrats on the sale, it's always fun to shop.

Where do you boat? My parents had a place on guntersville by he state park til about two years ago nd they sold it. Bad move....

Congrats on your sale, just curious, going from a vlx to vtx??? Is this for a slalom wake? There is quite a bit of size and passenger loss between the vlx and vtx.

While I do like to ski, our main reason for selling was that we didn't have the space to store the VLX. We are just a family of 3 and barely take out more than 6 so it should be fine.

While I do like to ski, our main reason for selling was that we didn't have the space to store the VLX. We are just a family of 3 and barely take out more than 6 so it should be fine.

Makes sense, I hear the wakeboard wake of the VTX is still pretty good, and even a better slalom wake than the VLX. Enjoy your new ride, looking forward to seeing the new pics when she arrives!

Congrats.... when I was picking up the boat and talking with Zac I didnt realize that was your boat the couple was looking at.

Off topic a little, but I am headed up Pirate Cove way this weekend. We do an annual "pumpkin run" where we wakeboard in costumes. Tims Ford is really nice this time of year.

Off topic a little, but I am headed up Pirate Cove way this weekend. We do an annual "pumpkin run" where we wakeboard in costumes. Tims Ford is really nice this time of year.

That sounds awesome! Water temp is around 62 from what I hear... LOL

That sounds awesome! Water temp is around 62 from what I hear... LOL

Yeah, we have a lot of fun with it. All the wives get bundled and there are usually three of us guys that get in the water. My son (7) says he is all in this year, it's all fun and games until that water hits right below the waist.