Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Tower for sale on ebay for $1500

MalibuWantToBe

This is not me selling the tower, nor is it anyone I know. I just saw it and having paid more then twice the Buy It Now price to replace my cracked Illusion tower, I thought I would toss it up here to see what others though. And maybe even point out a deal for someone who was contemplating it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-G3-Tower-/330808530759?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item4d05b99747&vxp=mtr

The seller doesn't have posts of the damage, but if the damage isn't bad, this is a ridiculous price. Shipping will be high, CA -> IN was $500 for mine.

Isn't there special reinforcement at the tower base?

For example, a guy with a Titan tower would not necesarily want that tower because it would be difficult to retrofit adequate backing in the fiberglass?

Hell, if that was local I'd probably buy it and resell at a profit. Did that with a Nautique drive by wire Perfect Pass unit recently; got it for $325 shipped, sat on it for a year and got $665 for it on eBay (and postive feedback from the buyer). I am sure someone can roll a profit on that pretty easily.

Hell, if that was local I'd probably buy it and resell at a profit. Did that with a Nautique drive by wire Perfect Pass unit recently; got it for $325 shipped, sat on it for a year and got $665 for it on eBay (and postive feedback from the buyer). I am sure someone can roll a profit on that pretty easily.

I'm right there with you. I don't know enough about boat parts really to flip them, but I buy junk (mostly car parts) on CL and flip pretty frequently, and have made great dough doing it.