Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 season start thread

skisix@38

I missed two or three deep water starts--par for the course. Maybe I should go back to two skiis until I can get up consistently.

That's just 'cause Greg's got you riding that deathtrap, but using two of them will only get expensive Biggrin.gif

Naw, it's cause we were skiing with a SN :) . Hank, our skis are deathtraps the same way Indy cars are death traps- it's a really great ride until everything goes black.

SGY did great. His first set he almost got through the course at 30 which is something he wasn't even close to doing in July of last year. He's got the bug and the determination and now that he's skiing with us, he'll have the opportunity to learn the skills.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lakenut

• Malibudude

• NorCaliBu

• skisix@38

finally got out this past weekend. air was a cool 62, and the water was about 57. tried out my new Jet Pilot Chamber full suit. that thing rocked! feet and hands were cold, everything else was nice and toasty. too bad my riding sucked. had not been out since November. felt like a beginner again. :(

I missed two or three deep water starts--par for the course. Maybe I should go back to two skiis until I can get up consistently.

That's just 'cause Greg's got you riding that deathtrap, but using two of them will only get expensive Biggrin.gif

Naw, it's cause we were skiing with a SN :) . Hank, our skis are deathtraps the same way Indy cars are death traps- it's a really great ride until everything goes black.

SGY did great. His first set he almost got through the course at 30 which is something he wasn't even close to doing in July of last year. He's got the bug and the determination and now that he's skiing with us, he'll have the opportunity to learn the skills.

SGY,

Awesome dude!!! Congrats on taking it to the next level.

If we'd ever dry out...but that means more water for summer..I'll wait.

SGY,

Awesome dude!!! Congrats on taking it to the next level.

If we'd ever dry out...but that means more water for summer..I'll wait.

Thanks Malibudude. I'm excited to see if I can't get into 22 off this summer--at least that's my goal. Skiing with Skisix and that group is amazing. I'm learning just by watching.

Opening day here yesterday. Was b e a u t i f u l and felt great although all the excersizing was only somewhat effective. aerobic was good,but sore shoulders today forearms are great though. Water temp55 air 65. smooth as glass water or as my partner says FAC

flat *** calm. Yahoo spring is here!!

Spent the whole last weekend snowmobiling. They got 32 inches of new snow yesterday up in that area. Looks like a few more weekends of carving powder before I start carving water!!!

Our weather guessers weren't even close this week so Friday didn't work out. We have got an unbelievable amount of rain in the last 72hrs, flooding etc. Good news it brought our water temp up from the 30's to 49. Hoover and I took full advantage of a short break in the rain to get 2 hours of rope time before the skies opened up again. A few observations on the day's activities:

Hoover loves his D3.

I'm warming up to mine too.

50 degree water feels the same as 35 degree water.

My boat is awesome.

I suck. (I'm 20 pounds away from being brilliant )

At this rate I'm about 15 years away from skiing 38 off (but only if I work hard )

Even though the wind was howling, the chop was up, the water was freakin' freezing and the sun wouldn't come out, it was still so good I almost had to smoke a cigarette when it was done

Where did you go out? I was wondering what the lake temp was at Caesar's Creek. It sounds cold.

This past Saturday...Lake Houston and San Jacinto River....82 degrees with 73 lake and 77 river temp. The river was Malibu central. I must have counted 5-10 Malibus out there. It was a great first day out!! Yahoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Boat went in the water Friday afternoon (3/10) at a friends place on Lake McQueeney, Texas. Ran it about half an hour to check everything out. Saturday and Sunday (Mar 11 & 12) my two boys spent a total of 13 hours at the end of the rope wakeboarding and kneeboarding. I think a few of the local residents probably weren't happy with us heading out through the canal at 8:30am Sunday morning because the boys wanted to get an early start because we would be loading up that afternoon to head home. Boat ran great and the kids had a great time. Oldest son just completed Boating safety class and will get his Texas Boating Safety card so he can legally drive the boat so I can get at the end of the rope ( I gotta trust a 15.5 year old so I can get wet).

jgutzy

I went out last Sunday with a friend on his Nautique 216. Water was 43 the air was 41. Great water but oh so cold. We will be going back out tomorrow, the temps are supposed to be in the high 50s so it should be just great. Yahoo.gif

Joe

I went out last Sunday with a friend on his Nautique 216. Water was 43 the air was 41. Great water but oh so cold. We will be going back out tomorrow, the temps are supposed to be in the high 50s so it should be just great. Yahoo.gif

Joe

Burrrrr. That totally violates the 100 degree rule Crazy.gif Our water temp is 50.5 degrees.

We got out two weekends in a row. Didn't make it out this past weekend due to rain. Got 3" of snow overnight. I was wanting to get out today. Never water skied with snow on the ground and a picture of that would look really cool sitting on my desk at work.....but then my wife called about an hour ago after rear-ending someone. That kind of busts any plans of going to the lake today.

Think I will drain the block tonight with the way my day has gone. It will be down in the low 20's tonight. Brrrr............. Come on summer!!!!

We got out two weekends in a row. Didn't make it out this past weekend due to rain. Got 3" of snow overnight. I was wanting to get out today. Never water skied with snow on the ground and a picture of that would look really cool sitting on my desk at work.....but then my wife called about an hour ago after rear-ending someone. That kind of busts any plans of going to the lake today.

Think I will drain the block tonight with the way my day has gone. It will be down in the low 20's tonight. Brrrr............. Come on summer!!!!

Is the wife okay? That sucks big time!

Yes! Thank goodness she wasn't going too fast. Just came up to a stop sign and couldn't get stopped in time. When she first called I started freeking out. She is 13 weeks pregnant with baby lakenut Jr. #2. She is going to the OB today just to make sure everyting is ok. Things could have been much worse so I am very thankful!!!

So got out today - the course still wasn't right, but got some good drills in. Felt great!

Partly cloudy, Air was 66, water about 60. Little more sun and it's time for shorties or guru tops!

Edited by Addictedto6
Grrr! Mad.gif
:lol: What's wrong, Jack? Innocent.gif Still a little chilly where you are? ROFL.gif

I'll take a set for you on Sunday after church. Biggrin.gif

After a very mild winter, we have some cooler temps hanging around keeping the pond in solid form. Really ticks me off.

Anyway, please do take a set for me Sunday. But this time make it a good one. Tease2.gif

Started my season today Yahoo.gif The temp was 56 and the water was 53. My new boat was great and I can't tell you how excited I was to get it on the water for the first time. Just 6 more hours and the 10 hour service and it's boarding season. Should be nice again next weekend so should have it all broke-in Surprised.gif

Finally made it out in northwest IL yesterday, our limiting factor has been the wind. Cold is fine, but windy and cold is not much fun. I think this is the first year in the last 7 or 8 that we did not make it in February. The river was open for the first couple weeks of February (though it did freeze solid again) but I could never match up a day off with light winds. :(