Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another tow Q

Debt Setter

I pulled our 23' enclosed snowmobile trailer about 200 miles yesterday with my 2012 Explorer. I normally use a Expedition but I was very pleased how well it pulled the trailer. It was mostly flat but into a brisk head wind. I can just Imagen what it would do with the EcoBoost.

post-2931-091644200 1291738895_thumb.jpg

I am not argueing that G.M makes a bunch of crap. I am saying that they made one. Just happened to be mine. The way they handled the one is what I have a problem with. I go through cars, like my toys and am fortunate enough to be able to do so. The bottom line is that G.M decided that they are willing to put a known unsafe product out on the road, they could / should have done everything possible to get this car off the road. Admitted that this is an "extreme case". Excalated the case and determined that offering me 5k off a new vehicle was the best option for them. I want nothing to do with people making decisions like that. I would rather pay more for less. I did go out tonight and look at the QX56. Very impressive, a little smaller but a roof cargo unit will take care of that. Reviews are great and I am confident in Nissan. Like Chris Rock say's "we can put a man on the moon, but we can not make a Cadillac where the F'in bumper doesn't fall off?". I'm done.

Am running the Q7 TDI 3.0L deisel with air adjust suspension, pulled my 2002 Sunscape (3900lbs dry with trailer) with no problems, no issues passing up hill in the Rockies at 3,500 rpm vs the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder I had previously which felt like engine was going to launch out of the hood on tough uphill sections. Pathfinder was rated at 5,500lbs towing capacity, Q7 with tow package is 6,500......if was pulling a bigger rig, would probably look at the QX56.

Have owned previous Audi's and while this one has been good, they have had a mixed history on reliability.

About 19,000 maybe closer to 20k. Bought it in oct 2011 with 7 miles on it

Sorry I was asking Debt Setter....

That's cool though, I bet it tows great!

Sorry to hear about all your problems. If I had your experience I would go lemon law and never look back, and I would never give that dealer another penny of my business. Then you could look at a whole variety of tow vehicles, not just what that dealer was offering you.

Edited by Brett B

I am not argueing that G.M makes a bunch of crap. I am saying that they made one. Just happened to be mine. The way they handled the one is what I have a problem with. I go through cars, like my toys and am fortunate enough to be able to do so. The bottom line is that G.M decided that they are willing to put a known unsafe product out on the road, they could / should have done everything possible to get this car off the road. Admitted that this is an "extreme case". Excalated the case and determined that offering me 5k off a new vehicle was the best option for them. I want nothing to do with people making decisions like that. I would rather pay more for less. I did go out tonight and look at the QX56. Very impressive, a little smaller but a roof cargo unit will take care of that. Reviews are great and I am confident in Nissan. Like Chris Rock say's "we can put a man on the moon, but we can not make a Cadillac where the F'in bumper doesn't fall off?". I'm done.

If it was one isolated issue i would guess they would take care of it. they might hear this all the time which is why they are willing to basically ignore it. Just a guess on my end as i have never owned a Chevy. The engines Indmar sources from them seem to work fine. :)

good luck with the new car vehicle search.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about this situation, but I think just putting this behind you is the best choice. Get the vechile in running conditon, sell/trade it, and move on. The Lemon Law process is a long one, so make sure to strap in for the long haul if you choose that route. The good news is you will most likely be much happier with your next purchase, especially if it is a QX56. You wont be missing much by not owning a GM product.

I am not going back to all posts but one question? Have you been in contact with GM directly? It sounds like your dealer has had every opportunity to work with you so its time to go above the dealer. I have had great shuckses after going through channels. Some with our auto company's. I would not wast a lot at at level one ask to get to upper levels. ( JMHO )

Done, escalated to an extreme case with G.M cares. They came back with the 5k offer off of a new veicle good for one year, no buy back, no trade in offer. Dealer offered me 25k trade in and 76k for a new one.

I pulled our 23' enclosed snowmobile trailer about 200 miles yesterday with my 2012 Explorer. I normally use a Expedition but I was very pleased how well it pulled the trailer. It was mostly flat but into a brisk head wind. I can just Imagen what it would do with the EcoBoost.

Off topic, but nice trailer!

.... I did go out tonight and look at the QX56. Very impressive, a little smaller but a roof cargo unit will take care of that. Reviews are great and I am confident in Nissan. ......

I have been very happy with my 05 Armada. The Armada came out in 04 and along with the Titan had a bunch of front brake issues, Nissan fixed thousands of Armadas and Titans under warranty and also a few other things besides the brakes. Generally I think they do a pretty good job taking care of their customers. I have seen a problem with the G35 that they are not necessarily helping out with. It is obviously a poorly engineered design since many owners have experienced it, but then again it took 10 years for it to fail in my case, and it is likely a circuit board failure.

In about 07 they upsized the brakes. A QX56 will be a nice ride and tow well. Did you test drive it or just look? I think since you didn't drive it home you may not have test drove it. :biggrin:

Edited by MalibuTime

Drove home a new Infiniti QX56 yeterday. White on black, all wheel drive, theater package, deluxe touring package, technology package. The dealership matched the tade Cadillac offered and I had a friends and family discount (thanks to a Crew Member) and got the QX for 4k off of dealer invoice. I am beyond impressed with every aspect of the vehicle so far, the step up in leather from the base model, darker wood trim and steering wheel just take it next level. All the toys are fun, using Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range), Lane Departure Warning and Lane Departure Prevention, Distance Control Assist will take some getting used to. It is a bit smaller than the Escalade and will most likely buy a roof cargo unit to make up for the space, I can't wait to give the boat a pull and see how it tow's.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help with trying to get the Escalade resolved. After a week of phone calls and hours at the dealership it was clear that they did not feel the need to get me out of the Escalade. Let alone get me into another Cadillac. The G.M at the dealership stated that he was offering 25k for mine only because of the issues I was having and the fact I have a friend who is a slesman there. Infiniti didn't even blink twice about matching it.

So at the end of the day, I got out of the Escalade for a reasonable amount (I would have liked to get a bit more but did not want to sell private party due to the issues). Got into a nicer more well equipped and possibly better towing vehice for less.

Thanks General Motors!

Congrats on the new Infiniti, let's see some pictures! All that's left is to drive it by the Caddy dealer and tell them that you won't be giving them any more of your business, and will be telling all of your friends about your experience. :whistle:

A crew member asked me for the VIN of the Escalade so he could see my service records and follow up with my issues and the way I was treated by customer service. His responce "Holy Crap!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

25 trips with issues and over 65 items.

Edited by Debt Setter

That happened to my father, had a chevy truck that they wouldn't, actually couldn't, fix. Traded on a Dodge and drove it straight to the chevy service dept. Went in and told the service manager that he managed to fix the problem, it was easy.

Never driven the Infiniti, but if it is anything like the Armada, you'll be very happy over the Caddy.