Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another tow Q

Debt Setter

OP what about a Yukon Denali.

All of Chevy's model changes are taking place for the '14 vehicles.

That would be nice if that is the case. I was at the GMC dealer Wednesday and the GM told me trucks 2014 and Yukons 2015.

Unless they release the 2014 truck in 2013 and the 2015 SUVs in 2014. Which is not uncommon.

It has the 6.2L engine.

I love the vehicle and all it has to offer, the reason I purchased to begin with. All issues have been under warranty but that does not help much when towing through the Mojave desert when it is 100 outside and it dies with a one year old and a wife giving you "the look".

Just went and had a chat with the service manager. He told me to bring it in and they would fix it (shocker). I stated that you have "fixed it" six previous times. He basically told me to contact the BBB. I run a business and could not imagine telling someone to contact my corporate office let alone the BBB. I stated that I would like to handle this in house and that giving me a fair trade in value and a deal on a new one would be fair. I asked if he would contact his regional manager and have him call me. He looked at me like I was nuts and again stated to bring the vehicle in and they will fix it. I am at a loss for words right now.

That's pretty annoying for sure. But, you can be sure it's the money that's controlling behavior on the part of the dealership....they're happy to have you keep bringing it back in for a "fix" because every time you do GM pays them for warranty service work.... In fact, they're economically incentivized to NOT fix the problem so they're happy as pigs in doodoo every time you come in with the same problem..... Sounds like a dealership that is poorly staffed and run.

What dealership is it?

ps. anyone that tells you to go see the BBB just gave you the finger right to your face.

Edited by CliffB

Could not agree more. I am hopeful that taking this to the corporate level that they will do something. I just got off the phone with a customer service rep from Cadillac that my case has been escalated to and I stated that one of two things is going to happen. A.) They get me out of this vehicle in a fair manner and get me into something at a deal or B.) I get rid of the vehicle myself and never buy another GM product. I hope they do the "right thing" I etically do not want to sell this to someone...

Edited by Debt Setter

Cadillac offered me $5k off of a new vehicle, no trade in. I do not have to disclose that I have the 5k certificate when working the new deal, it is same as cash. Not what I was hoping for but at least it is something. What do you guy's think?

Cadillac offered me $5k off of a new vehicle, no trade in. I do not have to disclose that I have the 5k certificate when working the new deal, it is same as cash. Not what I was hoping for but at least it is something. What do you guy's think?

what are you supposed to do with the lemon?

what are you supposed to do with the lemon?

That's what I was thinking. 5k cash off a new vehicle is nice and all, but what are you supposed to do with the broken vehicle? Lemon Law it perhaps?

That's what I was thinking. 5k cash off a new vehicle is nice and all, but what are you supposed to do with the broken vehicle? Lemon Law it perhaps?

$5k off a new one, doesn't really help if you have to donate the old one.

Cadillac said they spoke to the dealership and requested that they give me a fair trade in value for it. What that means, I have no idea. Lemon law is not an option. My two options are to trade it in or sell private party. Either way someone is going to buy a lemon. I can't sell this to someone, I wouldn't want it done to me. Trade in is my only option. All around poor show, I was really hoping for them to do a buy back, if they did that with the 5k certificate I think that would be fair. I am back to square one at this point with nowhere left to turn.

Think I would have to find out what they meant by "fair trade in value" for it and then go from there. Guess cutting losses if it is not too big of a gap would be the best bet, hopefully who ever it is that looks at yours now gets some kind of history report on it before purchasing it!

I'd find out what the "fair trade in" value is.

Combine the certificate with incentives. Then go shopping for like vehicles and see where you end up at.

How long is their 5K certificate valid for?

I don't think they would even consider a buy back on an 07

You could always try another Caddy dealership to work a deal and trade-in. They may not have access service records to or if they do may not check the service history of your trade in. Might get more for your trade that way. Pull out the voucher when it's time to pay.

Then they could then inspect your trade in and sell it as CPO. :whistle:

I'm guessing fair trade in, is whatver blue book value for the vehicle is?

That and the 5 large may not be so bad on a new one. Hope it works out for you, you aren't at at fault at all in this.

Steve B.

You could always try another Caddy dealership to work a deal and trade-in. They may not have access service records to or if they do may not check the service history of your trade in. Might get more for your trade that way. Pull out the voucher when it's time to pay.

Then they could then inspect your trade in and sell it as CPO. :whistle:

I think all of the dealer service visits appear on car fax, so that by itself could wreck the trade in, the current dealer will know about the $5k factory help, so that wrecks that, I agree you are stuck.

I know you said SUV, but if you haven't seen what ford is doing these days, you're missing out.

I have a 2012 F-150 FX4. The interior is significantly nicer than my buddy's new 'lade. Tows like a champ.

Just a thought.

Just went to the dealership and they have a new manager who I knew from a golf course I used to work at. He wants to help me out. He said he would give me 25k trade in value for mine (said 20k is what he would offer anyone else). Private party I might be able to get 30k for mine. Said he would find a new 2012 for me for 75k. He doesn't know about the 5k cert that is good for one year.

Just went to the dealership and they have a new manager who I knew from a golf course I used to work at. He wants to help me out. He said he would give me 25k trade in value for mine (said 20k is what he would offer anyone else). Private party I might be able to get 30k for mine. Said he would find a new 2012 for me for 75k. He doesn't know about the 5k cert that is good for one year.

LOL...help you out. 75k for a 2012. An as loaded as you can get 2013 Escalade ESV has an MSRP of 86k, and you know you can finds rebates and haggle that price down quite a bit. His trade in is nothing special either unless your Caddy is either beat or has well over 100k miles. I'd pass on his "deal."

My New Tow Vechile

3.2L Turbo Diesel, 5 Cyclinder 6 Speed Manual

You just listed a vehicle that can't be purchased in the US. :(

Edited by Nitrousbird

This entire thing is a complete debacle. Someone is going to bite the bullet here and apparently G.M wants that to be me. I agree, I can find a better deal but I am not going to let G.M see another dollar of mine. I simply can not believe that they would want this vehicle on the road. Fact of the matter is that it is dangerous. They are willing to have me trade it in, have the dealer send it to auction and have it be someone elses problem. That alone is reason for me not to buy another one, let alone sticking me with the crap resale value and a half assed attempt at making things "right". At this point, I think I am going to give selling it myself a shot and figure out what I want in the time it takes to do so. Just a bummer, the Escalade is perfect for my needs and wants. I will check out the QX56 next.

This entire thing is a complete debacle. Someone is going to bite the bullet here and apparently G.M wants that to be me. I agree, I can find a better deal but I am not going to let G.M see another dollar of mine. I simply can not believe that they would want this vehicle on the road. Fact of the matter is that it is dangerous. They are willing to have me trade it in, have the dealer send it to auction and have it be someone elses problem. That alone is reason for me not to buy another one, let alone sticking me with the crap resale value and a half assed attempt at making things "right". At this point, I think I am going to give selling it myself a shot and figure out what I want in the time it takes to do so. Just a bummer, the Escalade is perfect for my needs and wants. I will check out the QX56 next.

I would look at the lemon law as said before. I'm with you in the same shoes no way would I give GM one more $ lets just say you do buy another one and in 5 years it happens again. If you have a lawyer friend that can write you up a little paper work you may get a little more done that way. Tell them they give you 25,000 for your truck and 5,000 more 30,000 total and you will walk away from the suing side of things. You may want to get the man to give you some paper work saying he will give you 25,000 so you can use it when you say the 25,000 trade in. I'm not the person that says sue but this sounds like one of them time.

Fair trade value is if you do a kelly blue book value in fair condition under a trade in value option. If its any consolation i love my 08 Yukon Denali as a tow vehicle. My duramax pulls the trailer and my wife behind me in the yukon with the boat.

Fair trade value is if you do a kelly blue book value in fair condition under a trade in value option. If its any consolation i love my 08 Yukon Denali as a tow vehicle. My duramax pulls the trailer and my wife behind me in the yukon with the boat.