Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where can I get a steering wheel from 05-10 or Vette boat?

Nitrousbird

I have this (not actually my boat, but same wheel - don't have any good direct pics on my dash online):

rpHMl5Ga5H75Jc3J73Ne3H9c4796968c7e4b171fd5.jpg

I want this:

l_14.jpg

Or from the Corvette Boat:

2008-Malibu-Boats-Corvette-Limited-Edition-Sport-V-Command-Center-1280x960.jpg

Or it looks like they also sold the Corvette boat with the 05-10 wheel with the Corvette logo, which I would probably like the best:

l_vp1789220_10.jpg

I would be sort of okay with this, as it is a slight improvement over mine but it would have to be super cheap:

digi45485281_l.jpg

#1: Where can I get any of the above wheels? Any approximate costs?

#2: Are the 05-10 and Corvette wheels a direct swap?

Seems like it would be tough to get a direct replacement wheel for what I would consider a reasonable cost.

But you can look up "isotta steering wheel" on Google or Ebay & find a boatload of them available at various prices.

Isotta Zulag is the wheel in pic 2 and 4. Then you'll have to search for a Vette center button.

That's the wheel. Not a lot for sale that I'm finding thus far. Found one in Great Britain I'm sure I can have shipped for $200+shipping. Are the units Malibu used leather wrapped? Everything I've seen thus far is a leather wheel.

What is the the boat in Pic #2?

I like how they did the remote for the radio....for some reason, someone at Malibu thought putting the master remote in the walkthru area on my LXI would be a good place for the remote...SO the driver can't see it???

That's the wheel. Not a lot for sale that I'm finding thus far. Found one in Great Britain I'm sure I can have shipped for $200+shipping. Are the units Malibu used leather wrapped? Everything I've seen thus far is a leather wheel.

In the '10 brochure Malibu names Isotta specifically, so I would assume they are leather like the rest. And because they use them OEM, no hub adapter should be required.

Check with Peter at Smooth Water Sports (or pm him on here). I'd bet he'll know where to get one and probably that Vette center button too.

I found one (Isotta Katiena) on eBay Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item1e72fa9a32

If you want to buy it, I may assist you in shipping (if the buyer would not ship to the US)!

Just PM me if I can be of any help!

Cheers,

David

I appreciate the offer. I have a couple saved searches on eBay currently, so I'm sure I'll find one soon enough. The boat will be in the garage for several months, so no rush on getting the wheel.

That's a good $100 too much. You can get them all day long at a bunch of places for that price; my plan is to find one for $200 or less. I've got plenty of time to shop. If there is one thing I'm good at it is finding a good deal. :)

Maybe check at your local auto recycler (junk yard) they are connected with other yards, so they could do a search...or any boat juck yards..might be worth a shot