Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige's answer to surfgate?

wakebrdr94

From what I've read its just to clean up the wake at slower speeds only, its not to compete with the surfgate as they have been working with the design for over a year. From what I've heard is that before this "wake cleaner" the TAPS settings 5 and above would distort the surf wake. This seems seems to clean up the wake, allowing the use of all 8 different settings. They also have said it acts a bit as an extension of the hull, thus pushing the wave and pocket further away from the boat. The two Malibu's I've surfed behind I felt like pocket was soo close to the swim deck I was always worried about landing on it (though the boats may not have been setup or weighted properly). The RZ2 and RZ4 need a decent amount of list to create a good wake, but the newer Z3 requires very little list. Robert (the one who tested out the new "Wake Cleaner") is kind of the Tige Surf Guru. When he brings his boat to surf comps he says the list on the Z3 is only about 8 degrees.

footndale: Just curious what model you were behind? I've heard the newer models are quite nice...but then again the internet is full of opinions. And I've been quite impressed with the LSV and LX Barefooter I am regularly behind. I will never be able to afford a new boat anyways so I'll stick with my old POS.

While the wave height, size and push isnt record breaking.....the wave does have glorious shape.

Is does require a leaned still, but not as much...requires less lean. Its good to see continued fresh innovation.

My buddy has a 2012 Z3. We set it up like RB said to. The wave is as tall as my weighted lsv, maybe a touch longer. The problem is that there is alot of prop wash at all taps positions, and a really nasty transition at the bottom. All my rider buddys like my malibu wave better! This boat was hyped so much, to be the best wake surf boat on the market, untill you ride it. I am sure this device will fix the problems, But still no quick side to side, still have to list. Incedentally RB had some home made flap on his boat to cure these problems before this came out.

My buddy has a 2012 Z3. We set it up like RB said to. The wave is as tall as my weighted lsv, maybe a touch longer. The problem is that there is alot of prop wash at all taps positions, and a really nasty transition at the bottom. All my rider buddys like my malibu wave better! This boat was hyped so much, to be the best wake surf boat on the market, untill you ride it. I am sure this device will fix the problems, But still no quick side to side, still have to list. Incedentally RB had some home made flap on his boat to cure these problems before this came out.

Ya know the interesting thing about that wake 9 forum, blog, website is that there is absolutely no talk of Malibu. I know they are talking of supremes and centurions and of course tiges. I have grown to love the v25 wave. Long clean and firm just like she said. Unfortunately I don't own a v25 :( but I'm working on it.). The interesting thing about the v25 that I ride behind is that we don't use the wedge. A properly weighted v25 doesn't need it. Anyway I don't have a need to look anywhere but the v25.

Edited by Ruffdog