Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tony's Topical on Wedge-any way to fix?

FXIGUY

So I was cleaning up the boat before I take it to storage. My 7 year old was "helping". I didn't see her grab the bottle of toilet bowl cleaner/peroxide... she sprayed the wedge...and it looks like hell. Is there anything that will bring it back? Im assuming no, but thought Id ask.

Ouch, on the plus side it will polish back, but as indicated above it will be a tough job. I am guessing you have already cleaned the area with copious amounts of water. I would start with a large supply of metal polish and some sort of powered polishing device. Good luck, take your time and enjoy the help of a child, they do grow up far faster than you want then to.

REW

I'd say you got lucky, there is a zillion ways that stuff could have ended up in her eyes.

I would try polish as well, that should work. I would follow that up with Polish sausage.

I'd say you got lucky, there is a zillion ways that stuff could have ended up in her eyes.

I would try polish as well, that should work. I would follow that up with Polish sausage.

That's what I was thinking too. It's a bummer that it happened, but her intentions were good and it could have been much worse. Compared to my buddy who's 5 year old just "washed" his new 60" TV with soap, water and a sponge, this is pretty insignificant.

I just cleaned our boat with the same solution yesterday. We always spray the floating stainless wedge with it to get all the grime off it. I scrub it off with a brush and water and it looks fine to me? Did you try to spray more on and rub it in with some water? Granted it doesn't shine like a mirror, but I'm really not that concerned with it. It looks 10x better than it did before I hit it with the solution!

Update:

A bottle of Flitz, a significant amount of elbow grease, a buffer and some time and it's almost back to normal. Thanks for the suggestions.I thought it had etched into the metal, but it hadn't ...thankfully.