Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New owner of a 23 LSV

dm001681

Just pulled the trigger on a new 2012 23 LSV!! Got a great deal being the end of the season but now I have to wait until spring because the cold is coming up here in NY. This is my first inboard, anyone have any things I have to know?

So have you been out yet. I test drove my Bu when it was below freezing. The first weekend it was home we all bundled up and headed out for a quick ride around the lake, almost froze to death, stoped for coffee and hot chocolate on the way home.

There are some threads about how to winterize your Bu. I suggest learning how to do this as you are in the Cold part of the world. This will also allow you to take the boat out this weekend for a cruse around the lake. As noted above youreally should put some time on it this year, It will make haveing just paid a ton of money feel better if you go out.

Learning how to drive an inboard around the dock/ramp/trailer is fun to say the least, have the bumpers out and be read to catch the dock as it comes at you. I through a life perserver in the lake to teach my kids how to approach a downed rider and the dock or other boats. About 30 min and they start to get a handel on what the boat will do.

Have fun, Welcome to the Crew

Congratulations on the new boat!

OK, I'm calling you out here. Not sure where you are but the forecast for Buffalo is 50's all week and almost 70 on Sunday. The lowest low is 34. Get that boat on the water! The dealer may even say it's already winterized, and it will cost you and extra xxx to re-winterize, but I would do it anyway for a week or two. Spend the winter on this site learning how to winterize it yourself (it's really easy...seriously).

Sorry guys, here are the pics!!! http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCqtvBi I won't be taking deliver until next April :( which totally sucks. I'm still trying to sell my Crownline so it doesn't make sense to take her now. Spring certainly won't come quick enough thought!!! I am interested in information about surfboards (we've never done that) and a good intermediate wakeboard. I ride a Liquid Force Tripp right now and am working on jumping wake to wake, I'm wondering if I should get a 3 stage rocker board instead to help with my jumping and make the landings a little softer?

Since you spent the money on the boat go out and buy a dry suit so your season can be longer. Congrats on the new boat I love our Malibu.