Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

old boat off to new home

jeffmx

It was a little sad to see ours go down the road. But knowing that the guy that bought it loves the heck out of it + filling the garage with the new one goes a long way to soothe the pain. :)

Amen Sister! Biggrin.gif

it was sad leaving our old boat at the dealer (we had traded it in) But then we saw it on the lake the 2nd time we had our BU out, so that was very exciting

I delivered my Cobalt to the new owners this morning.

Before i left, we all spent a few moments saying good bye,.. good times! Biggrin.gif

But the new owners where so excited, the little boys were playing pirates in the boat when i left! I have felt happy and excited for them! Since they are new to the area, we will most likely see them out!

and the garage is so empty now :(

but new bu arrives this week Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

We purchased our first boat in 2000 (it was a Calabria) from a guy going thru a divorce. When we picked up the boat and hooked it up to the truck, the guys little boy started crying hysterically. Although we were happy to have the new "used" boat, it was soooo sad hearing the little boy cry as we took his boat away. We'll never forget it.

Two guys from SoCal came up to buy our old boat.(6 hr drive) I met them (by myself...) @ the delta on a Sunday, put her in the water and began the show. They drove her, they both rode and were as giddy as schoolgirls then asked if I wanted a pull. I agreed. It was Sept, the water was warm and FLAT. So I got my board down and jacket out. As I took off my wedding ring standing on the teak I thought "I just left everything I own in the hands of two strangers....my truck keys, my wallet, ring,-----and the boat! It all worked out great. I drove home and took this shot. I was real happy I did not have to see her again. Ya know the ex girlfriend thing....