Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust Manifold Quick Disconnect - How Many?

I have what many will view as a dumb question but are there multiple exhaust manifold quick disconnects? This is my first year winterizing and I understand the workings of the engine and cooling system but the manual states disconnect both quick disconnects. I thought their was one and assume the manual is referring to both as uncoupling the fitting that runs in line to the exhaust but want to make sure there isn't another one that I am missing.

I didn't see anything in the search I did. Thanks in advance.

There is one fitting to be disconnected. It is a garden hose style fitting. On my boat the fitting is closer to the port side exhaust manifold than the starboard side. (V-Drive)

The exhaust manifold disconnect is at the back corner of the motor on the drivers side-more up high, it's not buried. You just unscrew it (like garden hose).

You'll want to take the wire off the knock sensor-lower part of block drivers side and remove the knock sensor - I believe a 7/8 socket is what fits it. That drains one side of block. If you have a shower, the hot to the shower is the drain for the other side of the block. Otherwise, drain this plug (opposite of the knock sensorppassenger side of boat) There are threads in the forum on winterizing and which "quick disconnects" to purchase to make winterizing very easy, especially if you get an early freeze and want to use the boat yet. If you have a heater, drain those hoses - you can put "garden style" connects in place (make sure you put them on in such a way that you "could" by-pass the heater core if it were to go bad. Bump start the motor - 5-15 sec run and remove the impeller (cover has 4 screws). You can blow out heater hoses/shower hoses. Pretty easy, I've already "winterized" twice this year. Last year was my first fall with the boat and I spent an hr or two cutting heater/shower lines and installing the quick connects - best $50-75 I spent. For about $40? you should buy a blue(run dry, up to 15min. lifetime)globe impeller as they are supposed to last longer then the stock ones which run about $25-30.

I used some of these parts shown in the post below, esp. the shower connects, for the ones to the heater core I think I was able to pick up @Menards:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/winterization-modification-r7

Edited by h2oski_mn