Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 WakeSetter Rockford Fosgate Stereo Power Loss Issue

Stereo worked perfectly yesterday with MP3's playing from the USB port but today no power to the stereo at all.

Any idea what could cause that? Boat sat in the slip last night. Turned the power off as normal, switched the batteries off as normal. Then today nothing. Power seems fine to all other systems. Boat runs normally except the lack of power at the stereo. Don't see a fuse specific for the stereo.

Please help. Thanks.

I think there is a fuse panel under the dash...have you looked there?

There's a fuse panel under the throttle near the cup holders but nothing that indicates stereo.

MBTX, check on the back of the amp rack board, there are 2 fuse holders there. One is for the stereo power (on) and the other is for the radio (memory). On my '10, neither had the plastic fuse holder covers and both had poorly crimped connectors for the fuse holders which gave me intermittent on/off and a no power at all instances. Fix as needed and electrical tape "all of the connections" back there or something else will quit working on the stereo system! Good luck, Bill.

After confirming I had power going to the black box, It turned out the cable from the head unit display came loose under the helm. You need to remove the kickplate, follow the wire from the head unit display until you reach the connector. Mine was loose, I reconnected and wrapped it with gorilla tape. I had the exact same symptoms as you are describing.

Maybe you will be fortunate enough this is the problem. It turned out to be an easy fix.

Edited by Fman

X2 on the remote extension under the dash.

You would be like #5 on here if that's what its is. 18" behind the dash remote cord, it plugs into the 12ft jumper to run around the front over to the black box. It come loose at that connection. Should have bEen zip tied at factory.

Yup same thing here. My problem was the wire had no stress relief. Normal vibration pulled the plug apart. It's a bad design for a boat. It should be some form of a locking connector.