Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours on your Malibu?

JAXONBOATS

Interesting that you ask, I have a Rinda computer that reads the ECM, with the right software version of the ECM you can read the RPM by hours including how many times the engine is started.

Your intuition is probably correct- I find most boats to have over 57% of engine hours to be at idle 0-1000 rpm. But my sample size is only about 20 boats over 3.5 years

I was talking to my dealer once who was going through a blown engine. He pulled the ECM data...the guy was jumping waves or throttling the boat on the trailer because he kept having bursts of 6,000 RPM. The owner claimed denial of any such activity, the dealer won and the engine was not covered under warranty.

2006 247, I have put about 60 hours per year on it in the last 2 seasons. My best year was 100 hours...but work keeps getting in the way of these things. But since it pays for the boat, I guess I will keep working. :biggrin:

2010 Vlx with 241 hours so far, mostly wakeboarding/surfing. Probably one more weekend, and then will call it a season.

It's our 3rd boat, we usually log 50-100 hours per year. That's a lot of lake time, since we have 5 boats on the regular crew, 3 of them wake specific boats.

Sounds like you are living the DREAM! Thanks

I put about 100 to 125 total on 5 different boats per year almost always 247s but a couple 23LSVs as well

Most hours posted so far- 2004 with 1345 hours

Most reports 2007 with 15 boats reported with hours

Average so far 50 hours per year (all boats- all years)

My 2007 had 63 hrs on it when we bought it a year and a half ago. It now has 155 hrs on it. So, pretty close to the 50 hrs a season average.

If we lived in a warmer climate, that number could easily be doubled.

Edited by gorilla

1996 Response bought with 300ish hours owned for 6 years sold with 1200 hrs not one problem the entire time I owned it and sold it for exactly what I paid for it = 150 hours per year

2004 Tige 21i bought with 29 hours owned for 1 year sold with 100ish hours = 70 hours per year

2004 23LSV bought with 270 hours owned for 1 month sold with 320 hours = 50 hours per year

2006 X star bought with 300 hours owned for 1 year sold with 495 hours = 195 hours per year

2004 23 LSV bought with 220 hours owned for 6 months so far and currently at 290 hours = 70 hours per year

my use of the boat is pretty much only for watersports, very little cruising around. We go to a party beach but the key is always off while there so no hours going on the boat.

Edited by MalibuAdam

2008 V Ride bought new summer of 08. Sad to say only 145 hours. Wish I could put that many on every year. Put less then 20 on this summer due to 2 broken wrist. At least at this rate it will last a long long time.

Edited by rmarch

2004 VLX. Purchased June 11, 2012. Hour meter indicated 360 hours. Took the boat to TNT Watersports in Nashville for service at 373 hours and they informed me the engine actually had 332 hours of run time. Boat now showing 406 hours and we are done for the season. So 46 hours this season but we bought the boat late, had a severe drought here and my wife had surgery in July. Usually average 100 - 120 hours per year.

So should we put 365 hours to represent your 2004 VLX ?

SO FAR interesting information

For all year Malibu boats the average use is 52 hours per year (( sample size 106 boats))

Looking at 2006 to 2012 the average use is 63 hours per year (( sample size 72 boats))

Edited by JAXONBOATS