Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours on your Malibu?

JAXONBOATS

What im curious is for folks who put more than 100hrs, do you trailer or left your boat on the water (lift, etc).

I know i would easily put more hours if i have a slip at the marina. Those quick after work session is definitely more manageable if you dont have to unload/load

Having your boat on a lake lets you use it for quick sets, but you end up going out on a lot of quick sets. Additionally, since we've gotten a dock, we don't take the boat out for boat camping trips, etc. When we trailered, we go to the river or roadtrip to a lake. We might put in 15-20 hrs on a 3 day weekend.

GREAT Information- Current Data Attached~~

Executive Summary~~ ALMOST 42,000 hours of use reported!!!!!

1993 to 2012 Malibu Boats::~~

118 boats counted= Overall average is 54 hours per year~~

2006-2012 :: 79 boats counted = average is 65 hours per year~~

So Far 2009 Boats have the most use annual average of 84 hours.~~

**Tvano holds the (I use my boat) record for 1345 hours with a 2004 Response!

**PKH posted a 2012 with 285 hours, that looks like the most posted in one season.

Petefranc holds the (I am going to use my boat next season) with a record of 162 hours on a 2002 VLX Wakesetter- that’s a whopping 16.2 hours per year!

Malibu Boat Average Annual Use Data.doc

Edited by JAXONBOATS
  • Like 1

2007 VLX 504 Hours Total (Purchased this time last year with 314 Hours).

I know its not a Malibu, but our family boat has done a Total of 5380 hours + (It is a 1978 Haines Hunter with a 3.0L Mercruiser- It did 4400 Hours on its first Mercruiser before the hour meter failed (it did a few seasons with no hour meter). It has now got 980 Hours on it's second Mercruiser.)

Cheers

Stewart

2005 Vride 132 hrs. Bought last year from a dealer who bought it at an auction with 100 Hrs. Here's a hint for those that might be tempted by a great price ... Don't buy an auction boat unless you want to work on it more than you use it. Maybe next year we'll get through a whole summer without anymore lessons in marine repair. :biggrin::werule:

Quck hijack (but related) - to the guys that trailer to the water - how long is your average outing? We have a place on a lake but have also occasionally trailered to other lakes. Are you on the water for 4 hours, 6 hours, etc.? I think we would put an easy 100 hours per season if we were launching the boat each time. Once your are out there, you are out there for a while it seems and you tend to make the most of it.

Quck hijack (but related) - to the guys that trailer to the water - how long is your average outing? We have a place on a lake but have also occasionally trailered to other lakes. Are you on the water for 4 hours, 6 hours, etc.? I think we would put an easy 100 hours per season if we were launching the boat each time. Once your are out there, you are out there for a while it seems and you tend to make the most of it.

We are usually only out for 1 to 2 hours each time. We keep the boat moored and can drive 15 minutes and get in the boat and go. We don't usually have a big crew and everyone can get all the riding they want in. We are also usually the only boat on the river when we are out, making for great riding conditions. We have put in 90 to 100 hours per year in the past, but only put in 60 hours this year. The kids are all out of the house and either out of the country (Honduras and Afghanistan) or working, so there goes much of our usual crew.

I did almost 90% slalom skiing behind the boat this year and those runs tend to be shorter than my boarding runs. My old body can't take more.

03 RLXi 350 hrs. We now have a lake house so hours were up this year to 55. First year was 50. Bu was normally used during our 2 (some years 3) week camping trips to the lake we now own on. Our other boat ('70 Winner) is our NJ salt water boat that used to go camping too. 4000 hrs on her. Owned both boat since new.

OVER 51,000 Malibu boat hours posted!!

WOW 51K on 144 boats, if that’s not impressive, check this

If you were driving a car at 25mph for 51K hours you would have gone 1.275 MILLION MILES almost 3 trips to the MOON and back. OR 51 times around the Earth

Towing- approx 20 mins from storage to ramp...

Saturdays 8hrs avg between watersports early and party cove

Sundays 5 hrs avg between watersports and cove

Sometimes Fri nites & others 2-3 hrs between surfing and cove

What im curious is for folks who put more than 100hrs, do you trailer or left your boat on the water (lift, etc).

I know i would easily put more hours if i have a slip at the marina. Those quick after work session is definitely more manageable if you dont have to unload/load

I live 5 min from work. I also live 5 min from the boat ramp. Getting off at 3:00 everyday has helped contribute to my addition of hours.

Since I have my boat in a garage, I can just hook up and go, I usually always have her ready at a moment's notice.

I can do a 2 hour trip to the lake and feel good about it. The drive is less than 20 minutes to the lake. I think the preparation to go to the lake is the painful part for some people, rather than the drive. Knowing that I don't have to prepare a lunch, drinks, and round up a bunch of people makes it easy.

If the boat is on the trailer, it's less than 2 minutes to the ramp ( I'll drop the boat in for 10 min if I need to). We have 3 other lakes that are less than 30 minutes away (great for after work or all day runs). And at least 4 others less than 2 hrs away. We have boat in camp areas that are 30 min to 2 hrs away & use them a few times a year.

While we are known to spend an entire week on the boat at Shasta or Hells Canyon, I bet our average time on the water is only 2 or 3 hours.

I've already stated my hours but on our boat, the previous owner (our neighbor) bought it new in July 09 I think, he put 30 hours on it that year or 20. The next year he put 20. The following year, he put 6 hours on it. 6. We bought it september of that year and used it a couple times. This year we put 70 hours on the boat. More hours than he did in 3 years.