Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours on your Malibu?

JAXONBOATS

What year boat? How many hours?

Updated information::::::::::::::::

GOOD INFO keeps on coming! GREAT SUPPORT from the CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!

166 Malibu boats counted with a total of 59,920 hours!!!

Current annual Average for all boats is 51 hours per year.

2006 to 2012 we counted 107 boats that average 69 hours per year. Data Attached

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thanks so much! This knowledge provides evidence that the equipment is good for MANY MANY MANY years of use!This is always a great question: How many hours will I use my Bu, or How long will a motor last if it has regular maintenance: oil changes, tune ups, winterizing? 1500 HOURS? In a google search, one statement suggests the USA national average of boat use per year is 30-40 engine hours.

Anyone that has spent a week or 10 day house boating trip knows that it is very reasonable to put 30-40 hours on a boat during a 10 day trip. Other sites with personal experiences suggest 100 engine hours per year is a norm.

BuCrew has

INSERT::

The intent of this post was to provide our community and new potential Malibu buyers a benchmark of average annual use (engine hours) on a used boat, additionally to support the longevity of the running gear to potentially yield 1500 hours. These results suggest that Malibu owners are boat users and not garage queen polishers with an average use almost double the national average.

While buying a Malibu should NOT be based solely on hours, when it is suggested a boat has low hours, here is one reference of the "low hour" definition. Buying a Used Malibu should take into consideration the overall condition inside and out, owners attendance to maintenance and most important YOUR assessment of the boat's operational condition on the water.

THANKS!

Malibu Boat Average Annual Use Data.doc

Edited by JAXONBOATS

2004 WS 23. Bought it with 160 hrs end of last summer and just crossed the 200 hr mark so ~ 40 hrs/yr. That's pretty brutal living in socal, wish it had way more.

2006 VRide 620 hours With that said I bought it last year and put about 150 hours on it this year. But I had a little extra time off I would say about a 100 hours a year would be about right for me. If I could it would be 500 hours a year. :rockon:

Bought mine new in June of 2008. I have 402 hours on it. 100 hours per year is about average for a wake boat. I'd be up around the 500 hour mark but I missed a good bit of 2010 with an injury.

The Wakeboard Camp in Florida has 3 2007 21 vRides with Monsoons . Each one has over 2,000 hours and still run great.

Edited by mikeyg

1994 Echelon Lx, 642 hours. I put a whopping 29 hours on it this year, about an hour (or less) at a time. It actually felt like a whole lot more than 29.

It would be nice to know what percentage of those hours were spent at idle, at 1/2 throttle, at 3/4 throttle, WOT, etc. That would be good data.

Love to see these threads and ppl are actually using their boats! Bought my 2007 VLX with 280hrs on it 3 weeks ago and i just crossed 295 this week! Prob b up over 300 today

1994 Echelon Lx, 642 hours. I put a whopping 29 hours on it this year, about an hour (or less) at a time. It actually felt like a whole lot more than 29.

It would be nice to know what percentage of those hours were spent at idle, at 1/2 throttle, at 3/4 throttle, WOT, etc. That would be good data.

They need to have a "tach time" just like on an airplane that will calculate "hours" based on RPM

Interesting that you ask, I have a Rinda computer that reads the ECM, with the right software version of the ECM you can read the RPM by hours including how many times the engine is started.

Your intuition is probably correct- I find most boats to have over 57% of engine hours to be at idle 0-1000 rpm. But my sample size is only about 20 boats over 3.5 years