Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Hoist

SURFRAY

I'm looking for a boat lift to keep my 2006 VLX new and beautiful. :) I have a 3500lbs Hewitt cantilever lift but I don't think this is strong enough or wide enough for the VLX. There are some great hoist manufacturers that I've found such as FLOE, Hewitt, Shore Master, Shore Station and others. My first choice is the FLOE VSD-6000 because of the ball screw mechanism and easy leg leveling (for variable water depths and precise leveling during install and sinking in my case). But along with my favorite features comes a big price tag Mad.gif Not that the VLX doesn't deserve the best money can buy but as long as it's secure and easy to operate...it's good enough.

Any suggestions on a good lift? I have about 8' max water depth and 5' minimum depth as the water level changes through out the season. I have shore power to use and would like the motor to be as quiet as possible (the comunity sleeps late...which means more good water for me Yahoo.gif )

BTW, PM me if your looking for a boat hoist with 120VAC motor.

I use a front mount Galva-Lift.

Its a lot like the Hydo-Hoist.

Mine is rated for 4500 lbs but I've lifted my LSV with ballast and people on board with no problem.