Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Search?

Levi900RR

That blue and yellow Malibu looks pretty good except for the crappy job on the seat bottom re-upholstery. For under $100 you could cover up the yellow with a grey or black with some 6" vinyl striping. That is what I have on my boat, I had to cover up some purple/teal factory under the gel coat accsent stripes.

That blue and yellow Malibu looks pretty good except for the crappy job on the seat bottom re-upholstery. For under $100 you could cover up the yellow with a grey or black with some 6" vinyl striping. That is what I have on my boat, I had to cover up some purple/teal factory under the gel coat accsent stripes.

Yeah man, it is the exact boat I want and it is in my area. There are some cosmetic things I would really want to change but that is doable. It has been for sale for a while so if nothing pops up over the winter I am going to take a look. Of course it could sell but I am trying to patient. If it was a smokin deal I would jump on it but that price seems pretty average.

I'll have to tell the owner that, it could be that he really doesn't care if it sells or not, but if it does sell he will move up to a newer one with a 3 piece rear deck! Ha, but he may take around $22k and take a few more pics and post after this weekend right after water testing the new strut install this weekend.

Ouch, Poor TRR has Foot in Mouth, still a good looking boat JW.

Thanks, JW for not taking my comments too harshly. I may have softened them slightly, had I known you were lurking, but the truth remains the same, so not really a foot in mouth moment. To add to my previous point, the conclusions that I would arrive at from an ad like that are 1 of 2 things: the boat doubles as a storage shed, or the owner is not seriously motivated, and the latter is confirmed.

My sister and her husband will be in the market for a boat just like that in the spring. Having sold a couple of boats, it is a headache to try to sell to someone who lives far away, and you have to be motivated to do so. With my last boat, people 2,000 miles away wanted to talk for hours, wanted pictures of 1,000 items, when they really just needed to come test drive it. It even tried my patience when I was getting more motivated to sell. The second person to actually come look at it purchased it. But I spent 25 times that much time on the internet and phone talking to people about it, taking additional pictures, etc. When I go to help my sister this spring, I wouldn't even call a seller that didn't appear motivated from the ad, unless they were within easy driving distance.

Thanks, JW for not taking my comments too harshly. I may have softened them slightly, had I known you were lurking, but the truth remains the same, so not really a foot in mouth moment. To add to my previous point, the conclusions that I would arrive at from an ad like that are 1 of 2 things: the boat doubles as a storage shed, or the owner is not seriously motivated, and the latter is confirmed.

My sister and her husband will be in the market for a boat just like that in the spring. Having sold a couple of boats, it is a headache to try to sell to someone who lives far away, and you have to be motivated to do so. With my last boat, people 2,000 miles away wanted to talk for hours, wanted pictures of 1,000 items, when they really just needed to come test drive it. It even tried my patience when I was getting more motivated to sell. The second person to actually come look at it purchased it. But I spent 25 times that much time on the internet and phone talking to people about it, taking additional pictures, etc. When I go to help my sister this spring, I wouldn't even call a seller that didn't appear motivated from the ad, unless they were within easy driving distance.

Just one of the hazards of speaking up, but TRR has a point, you can learn alot by looking in the background of the photos, neat clean organized garage or a chevy cavelier filled with pizzza boxes.

It's ok, I think the same thing most of the time! Thing was I took the pics this summer when I was really needing it for vacations and weekends so if it sold for that price I wouldn't care but would not have been able to replace it for that price. I will be taking better pics soon hopefully and updating price. If it moves over winter/spring I may can find a decent deal on a 02-04 hopefully. If not I have everything up and running the way I want it, other than having to raise the whole rear hatch everytime I want to drain/fill sacs or retrieve life jackets, etc.

Wow man, didn't even realize that was your boat when I posted the link! That's a great looking tower!

Got ours from a want to buy ad I posted on Craigslist - wasn't even listed for sale at that point. Looked at another Wakesetter that also wasn't listed anywhere that we passed on.

No problem, I actually like constructive criticism. I actually took those pics while on Lake Hamilton the first full week I had the boat, that is when I found out how aggravating the solid sun deck was going to be to me (I'm just anal)! I then listed it just to see if I had any "local" bites interested in it. As you can see it still had TX numbers. It now has LA numbers. After listing it, I noticed the fuel surge issue which I later resolved and just recently the bent strut. After running tomorrow and checking everything, I will really start trying to sell it. I could never sell anyone a boat with issues, so that's kind of the reason for the pics. I have had a few calls, but with that price at the time no one really came to look at it and went and bought brand new Tahoe's and Bayliners, since they thought that a brand new boat for that price was better. Really the one piece hatch is a small inconvenience, but since I never owned. Vdrive before, I never paid attention until really using it.

I'll post up some new pics soon, and you can bet it will be empty. I guess I may even put the tower back on for them, ha!

So your going to bid on the yellow Florida boat, right. If you don't I might. I think thats a 20K boat

I am, I'm watching it right now. Bid away thought, I have all winter to find the one that's perfect for me. I'm not going to put a ton on it. Between the huge drive to go get it and the fact that its October I'd have to get a really good deal on it to make it work.

I agree, I almost bought one just like it with twice the hours in TN a month ago for 20.5K