Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Search?

Levi900RR

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you all stand on hours. Would you shy away from a boat with high hours? What is "high" for an 01? I have seen some with >200 and some with more that 1000???

I personally will not buy one with over 600 hrs, on anything older than a 2002. I stop at 02 because that is about the price range I can afford. I want a low hour well cared for boat (can find a lot with patience) so that when I do sell, people will not bat an eye when they see hours.

That is just me, I have seen several nice boats with more hours than that in pics, but since I usually have to drive a long way to pick up a good boat, I will not do for one with high hours.

Here is you a great priced boat, that may need some Upholstry :

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/3383731172.html

Here's one you don't really have to do anything to, but I bet that interior gets HOT:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/3384465329.html

I personally will not buy one with over 600 hrs, on anything older than a 2002. I stop at 02 because that is about the price range I can afford. I want a low hour well cared for boat (can find a lot with patience) so that when I do sell, people will not bat an eye when they see hours.

That is just me, I have seen several nice boats with more hours than that in pics, but since I usually have to drive a long way to pick up a good boat, I will not do for one with high hours.

Here is you a great priced boat, that may need some Upholstry :

http://tulsa.craigsl...3383731172.html

Here's one you don't really have to do anything to, but I bet that interior gets HOT:

http://kansascity.cr...3384465329.html

Wow what a bummer on the 99, that interior is horrible. That one in Tulsa has my attention! Going to call the dude right now!

Anyone know why some 01 Wakesetter VLX's have the Titan tower and some don't? Did they not come with one specific tower that year? PS, that boat in Tulsa looks decent but needs a complete interior.

Man, that thing is close, and the price is close to right. But MAN it's not very attractive.

EDIT: I am looking at it again, I bet if I polished the tower I wouldn't hate it.

Guys, I'm back to this one. I really HATE the colors, but its exactly what I'm looking for and its in NE... What do you think? Polish the tower and get rid of the yellow bimini? What would it take to Gel over that yellow?

EDIT: Probably should include the link

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-Malibu-Wakesetter-Vlx-101841756

Edited by Levi900RR

Guys, I'm back to this one. I really HATE the colors, but its exactly what I'm looking for and its in NE... What do you think? Polish the tower and get rid of the yellow bimini? What would it take to Gel over that yellow?

EDIT: Probably should include the link

http://www.boattrade...r-Vlx-101841756

All of those rear seat cushions look aftermarket and like total cheap crap; ripples in the vinyl, they are flat with no piping (compare to the bow seats). That top bow cushion looks a bit jacked too.

To get all the appropriate skins + new foam to match it + install for all of those cushions would probably set you back 1k. I'm not loving the color either and will always be an issue come resale.

What would it take to Gel over that yellow?

Gel is not like paint, you can't really just spray another color on (well I can you can but still not as easy).

Basically if you have to change the whole boat, why bother. You still have plenty of time before next season.

Now that I'm looking closer at that interior I'm thinking I'll pass. You guys are right, its all jacked up. I was going to call and offer the dude 18K for it today. Still debating on this one out in Tulsa:

The price on this one is incredible. Negitives are: Its 1500 miles away, it has a crappy tower, needs a complete interior.

IMG953439.jpg

IMG953050.jpg

IMG957546.jpg

IMG955633.jpg

IMG957594.jpg

IMG956776.jpg

IMG951370.jpg

This one would be a project, but its so cheap... I figure 3G's for interior and another 1500-2000 for a tower set up.

If you pick the one up in Tulsa for 12-12.5 I think that would be a good deal. Thing that scares me is if they didn't take care of interior at all, wonder about the maintanace and how well it was done.

You get new skins from Chee and have them installed at around $3k, then a good detailing, you may end up liking the tower, but tower would be something you could do later when coming across a deal somewhere.

Just something to think about.

If you pick the one up in Tulsa for 12-12.5 I think that would be a good deal. Thing that scares me is if they didn't take care of interior at all, wonder about the maintanace and how well it was done.

You get new skins from Chee and have them installed at around $3k, then a good detailing, you may end up liking the tower, but tower would be something you could do later when coming across a deal somewhere.

Just something to think about.

Agree 100% on all comments. The only thing about the tower is I'd have to run my lift without the canopy until I replaced it with something that folded... I am pretty sure I can buy that boat for 12K but its going to cost me a grand to go get it then 3G's for interior that puts me at 16K... Pretty good deal but a LOT of time / work and still not set up the way I would want it. I think I'd rather wait it out and try and find one closer for 18-19 that didn't need as much and had a titan tower.

Levi,

I think if you polished the towen on the VLX in NE that would be a totally different looking boat. Just my $.02

CB

Me too dude, the interior is a mess though... If I could get it for 18K and put 2G's into the interior it would be pretty perfect. I'm going to call them and feel them out price wise right now.

Just figured out the 2000 Wakesetters all came with that Tuna tower, and all the 01's came with the Titan. :Doh: This is reason 1000 why I need an 01.

Edited by Levi900RR