Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 05 Vlx

Cbrown

Some of you may remember the thread on the old site that had all of our production photos from start to end but now the wait is over(sort of). We got the boat today but we are without a tower. I had not heard a lot about it this year but has anyone else had any problems with getting Polished Titan towers. My dealer was not informed of how long of a wait it will be but we went ahead and took delivery so we can get this baby broken in and ready for summer. I will snap some photos of the boat on Monday as I will be out of town this weekend but was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the towers.

My dealer in Dallas informed me that Titan was having trouble keeping up with demand and could not be certain of a tower arriving when the new boat was ready. That fact became a major factor in the selection process, and the reason why I chose a Skylon over a Titan. Sorry I can't be of any more help than that, but that seems to be the case, anyhow.

Looks Good Chris! At least they put the tower mounts on, so when the tower arrives you will be ready to go!

I noticed that too. Hopefully you'll have the tower by the time you have the boat all broken in, oil changed, and ready to go.

I like the color combo.

Tenn plant has plenty of Blades. Could be because it's polished. Just get your breakin hours done and you will be ready to go!

I think you will find the wait is worth it. I am considering stripping and polishing our swoop. (It is already all knicked up.) I wish I had known then what I know now. BTW that is a great looking sled. Rockon.gif

Joe

Thank you guys for all of the compliments. My dealer told me that it was delayed because of the polished finish and was not told when it would be here but if it is not here by the time the break in is finished then he will put on a polished tower that he has at the shop until ours shows up so all is well.

I like the color set up. We were back and forth between colors like your s and the Ruben/black we ended up with.

Hope it comes in soon, got mine on Friday. Yahoo.gif

Greg

Actually the dash is black on black but we are really happy with the way it contrast with the boat. Everything is either black/blue/white or polished: keeping it simple.

Greg we took delivery last Thursday just haven't had time to take any photos of it yet, and I also wanted to wait and get them with the tower/boardracks and bimini before I posted any of the pictures.

I think you will find the wait is worth it. I am considering stripping and polishing our swoop. (It is already all knicked up.) I wish I had known then what I know now. BTW that is a great looking sled.  Rockon.gif

Joe

Bad move. The Titans are polished stainless. The polish seems to last forever.

Aluminum, on the other hand, will take a ton of effort to get polished and then will start dulling, almost immediately. Then you have to keep up with it, a real pain. This why a lot of the aftermarket guys are getting away from plished and going chrome. That's what I did. Polishing sucked.

Another idea, would be to just strip the tower, and then satin it. That's waht the 04 Skylons were.