Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 1235 repitch success!

JonnyRad91

My buddies and I are clearly size queens when it comes to the wake while wakeboarding. I have a 2007 VLX with the monsoon engine in it and weighting it heavy was always a struggle. I would end up having to put a massive amount of weight up front to overcome the weight in the rear of the boat. The end result was not always good. Lets just say my bu acted like a submarine more often than not. Adding people to the boat made it worse as it threw off the weight distribution

Hoping for something different I took my 1235 in to get fixed and repitched. They brought it down from a 14.25 to a 13.25. The results took off about 8mph off my top end taking me down from 46mph to 38mph which is unfortunate but for wakeboarding did it ever make a difference.

My previous setup with (4 people) was 750# in each vdrive, stock center and bow full, 250lb in the asileway, and 1000# wedge sac in the nose with wedge down. And of course the lake to plane out...

Now I am rocking all stock ballast filled (including rear hard tanks), 750's in the vdrive, 250lb in the asileway, and 550 to 650 in the front with the wedge down. More weight in back plus less weigh in front removed the risk of submarining and the boat planes in half the amount of time as before, talk about a win win win. Now it did add 200 to 300 RPMs to the boat while riding but its a small price to pay for not having to worry about constantly taking water over the bow.

Anyways, thought I would share for those of you looking to get every inch out of your wake as this small adjustment added significant performance to my bu.

Cheers!

This is a great story. We use the 1235 on our 247 with the 400 hp 383 Monsoon and the wake is SIGNIFCANTLY better compared to the 537 prop. Sure we loose some top end but we are never really in a hurry on the lake. As for down pitching that’s ingenuous! Looking at Acme Props, only the 2079 wheel has less pitch same diameter. I think you have something!!

Edited by JAXONBOATS

I am surprised that you were getting 46 MPH with the 1235. I think that is a clue that a downsize in pitch would work well for you.

I have the same engine and prop as Jaxon, and am very pleased with it. When I add 1200 on top of stock, it planes just a little slow, but I am OK with it.

I am surprised that you were getting 46 MPH with the 1235. I think that is a clue that a downsize in pitch would work well for you.

I have the same engine and prop as Jaxon, and am very pleased with it. When I add 1200 on top of stock, it planes just a little slow, but I am OK with it.

Then you'll really like the OJ 468... ;)

If it was me...I would just repitch the driver. I know a guy who drove a similar boat and he never dipped the bow :lol:

Coming from a guy who doesnt own a boat :rofl:

This is a great story. We use the 1235 on our 247 with the 400 hp 383 Monsoon and the wake is SIGNIFCANTLY better compared to the 537 prop. Sure we loose some top end but we are never really in a hurry on the lake. As for down pitching that’s ingenuous! Looking at Acme Props, only the 2079 wheel has less pitch same diameter. I think you have something!!

I looked at the 2079 because i need to get a spare prop yet but nobody really talked about it on the bu crew. I was concerned about the performance of the 12 pitch on that prop. I am glad i didnt drop the coin to get it. the 13.25 is money.

Coming from a guy who doesnt own a boat :rofl:

I looked at the 2079 because i need to get a spare prop yet but nobody really talked about it on the bu crew. I was concerned about the performance of the 12 pitch on that prop. I am glad i didnt drop the coin to get it. the 13.25 is money.

HA HA HA HA HA.... Also the guy who doesn't have a boat payment, insurance payment, or worries about storing his boat until next Spring. Can't wait to get the new Bu!!!!

I'm starting to see a trend that going much lower than 13.25 is only worth it if you've got a big engine. Will be interesting to see what prop works best on the 450hp next season too.

Edited by Cdoogles