Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what do you do once your boat is home?

m&m

here is what i do:

open up motor and storage compartments.

pull out vests, rope, towels, anything wet and hang to dry.

pull out carpet liner to dry and vacuum and allow the floor to dry.

remove all food and drink stuff.

vacuum the inside at some time later.

tip or tilt up all the seats to allow air circulation under seat areas

the garage has a window right next to where the boat is parked.

After the first major outing i place a box fan in the window and

allow it to run on high to move air around the boat to dry it out.

any other suggestions? mike.

That's a lot of work. sit back and have a beer. Biggrin.gif

:lol:

Truthfully our routine falls somewhere in between.

- put the kids to bed (we're usually back late)

- pull all of the wet gear & hang it up

- get the garbage & food out

- open up any compartments that could have gotten water in them

- double check to make sure any switches weren't left on

- send any laundry (towels) to the laundry room

- get air movement going (usually a fan)

We usually get back late enough that all we want to do is crash. I don't even consider cleaning or vacuuming because I'm way too tired at that point. Sometimes I'm just too tired & <GASP> I leave it all for the next day. Shocking.gif I like to live dangerously. :lol:

We usually get back late enough that all we want to do is crash.

Tell me about it. By late, I mean late in the afternoon and I'm usually wiped out. A full day in the sun and water, launching and trailering, all the prep that goes into taking the boat out wears me out. BUT.... I somehow always bring myself to wash the boat when I get home.

- Wash exterior of boat and Eagle 1 wax it.

- Clean interior and tower with warm water and mild soap.

- EVERYTHING come out. Vests, ropes, fenders, etc.

- Pull 2 plugs (engine and ski locker)

- Dry her off and put her to bed in the garage.

By that time, I'm usually ready to fall over but I feel better knowing that it's done. I then reward myself with a cold one and step back to admire my handiwork as the garage door slowly closes. :)

Once we get home...

1. Everyone gets out of the car and goes inside

2. I back the boat up the drive way

3. I wash the boat

4. I take out the wet stuff and hose it down

5. Dad, brother, and I take off tower

6. I back the boat in the garage

7. I clean the inside of the boat

Does anyone notice a pattern in the way the boat gets cleaned? They all start with I! Frustrated.gif If its late we leave it outside, take out the deck, lock up the boards and go to bed Lazy.gif

You know its been a good day at the lake if...

1. The boat is trashed

2. Your out of gas

3. Your dead tired

4. Your sun burned

5. Your eyes sting

6. You smell

7. You are thirsty and hungry

8. You drove home as the only person awake

Edited by jetskipro550

My situtation sounds a bit different so keep in mind, I'm on a private lake that is 1800 feet on end to the other and maybe 500'in width and it's 2 miles from my house.

I back it into the garage

unhook the trailer and swing the tongue away

pull out the wet stuff

pat the boat on the side in appreciation for another good time

start planning for tomoroow's outing.

Last year my ski buddy and I built a shed out at the lake for keeping all our gear, air chair, boards, extra vests, our skis, drinks, all the stuff. That way it all stays at the lake and doesn't clutter the boat.

I really like JSP's idea of a good day at the lake

In addition to the stuff mentioned already I have a fan mounted to the rafters above the boat in it's garage. It's not a ceiling fan, but a large 3 speed fan that I got at Costco. Use it to dry things out. It's pointed down at the boat and at high speed moves a lot of air and dries the carpet in a hurry. Also this year I added an attic gable fan which should clear out the humidity and heat better on hot days.

- i flip the swith so the boat lifts up out of the water

- take out the wet stuff and store it in the ski locker

- hose down the boat, then let it sun dry

- run it on the flush pro (unless its really nice out and we figure we'll be going out a few more times for the day.

- run it on the flush pro (unless its really nice out and we figure we'll be going out a few more times for the day.

Flip the switch so the boat lifts up out of the water

Take the wet stuff out and hang it on the patio furniture

Hose down the boat and wipe it dry

Crash on the hammock

Flip the switch so the boat lifts up out of the water

Take the wet stuff out and hang it on the patio furniture

Hose down the boat and wipe it dry

Crash on the hammock

I get to do that after i go through the "honey to do" list...

:unsure: Hello all. As the new guy on the block, I unfortunately will not have the juxery of storing my 23 LSV indoors. Is there a place or could someone chime in about the best way to prep a boat for outdoors storage between a week or two from outings at our local lakes. I'm in N. Ca. so the weather is usually pretty good, ie: never freezes and relitively dry throughout summer season. Finally, are there any thoughts about winter storage again no freezing but quite a bit of moisture. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

We pull in front of the house.

the kids jump in the pool.

I throw all the vests in the pool.

(boat was dried, cleaned and emptied at boat ramp with help of guests)

sometimes i wash it.

leave it out to dry for a while.

cook dinner with friends.

enjoy a movie, dominoes or the pool.

back boat into her room.

fish vests from pool and leave on driveway to dry.

get up and do it again and again and again...

all the while loving every bit of it! Biggrin.gif

oh yeah, somewhere i there i put everything away!

Park in front of the house

exit the expy

take stuff from expy, bring them inside

return to the boat, open up everything

take all the wetstuff out, hang up inside

take my stuff out, return it to my room

then either put the boat up in the yard and let it dry off and clean if needed

or

drive it to the indoor storage

:unsure: Hello all. As the new guy on the block, I unfortunately will not have the juxery of storing my 23 LSV indoors. Is there a place or could someone chime in about the best way to prep a boat for outdoors storage between a week or two from outings at our local lakes. I'm in N. Ca. so the weather is usually pretty good, ie: never freezes and relitively dry throughout summer season. Finally, are there any thoughts about winter storage again no freezing but quite a bit of moisture. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

where are you in norcal and will you be using the boat in the winter or just storing?

Tie it up.

If it's the end of the day - stretch the cover over it, bring the towels to the bus

If we're going out again hang the jackets and towels on the tower

When we remember gather up the garbage & clear the empties out of the cooler

It gets cleaned once a year by a detailer whether it needs it or not. Biggrin.gif

Darn..., guess I need to go out and clean up the boat since the last time we used it... in OCTOBER! That box of cheez-it's is probably getting a little stale. :lol:

We "typically" run each Saturday and Sunday morning from sunrise until the beer is gone, usually before 2-3 PM. On these typical days, we run in very light brackish waters, so maintenance is a bit more labor intensive in an effort to TRY and stay ahead of the effects of a saltwater environment.

Saturday (with the help of the day's crew):

Lightly powerwash the hull (rubrail and below) and trailer

Flush engine for 5-10 minutes

Remove ALL wet gear and hang up to dry overnight (outside), towels and clothes go inside for drying in machine

Remove trash and empty coolers, etc.

Remove and powerwash/hose carpet inserts, leave them out to air dry overnight

Hand clean exterior (everything above rubrail, including the windows) with soapy water and dry

Wipe down (with Babe's products) all interior vinyl, including seat cushions and dry

Once clean, prop seat cushions up or remove them and open ALL storage areas and allow to air dry overnight

Secure boards and equipment

Drink another cold one or two

Watch the day's video

Pass out by 11 PM

Sunday:

Since we start at sunrise, I load and prep the boat around 5 AM the next day and then go gas her up and get to the ramp to meet everyone for day 2 of the weekend. Sunday afternoon I repeat the process outlined above, and then around Monday or Tuesday (OK, sometimes Wed., Thurs.) afternoon she gets a more detailed cleaning and then a wax once a month.

Once we get home...

1. Everyone gets out of the car and goes inside

2. I back the boat up the drive way

3. I wash the boat

4. I take out the wet stuff and hose it down

5. Dad, brother, and I take off tower

6. I back the boat in the garage

7. I clean the inside of the boat

Does anyone notice a pattern in the way the boat gets cleaned? They all start with I! Frustrated.gif If its late we leave it outside, take out the deck, lock up the boards and go to bed Lazy.gif

You know its been a good day at the lake if...

1. The boat is trashed

2. Your out of gas

3. Your dead tired

4. Your sun burned

5. Your eyes sting

6. You smell

7. You are thirsty and hungry

8. You drove home as the only person awake

i'm with you Mad.gif

My son is now 20, going on 21. If we go out, it usually involves his friends. The rule is, if they go out, they help put her to bed. I have to turn the boat to get it in the garage. They do it or help. Wipe her down and clean her out. If they don't, they don't go out. Strict rule unless I say different. I still seem to do most of the work, but no the hard stuff!

I'd look in to some sort of canopy to protect it from some of the weather. It will at least keep things a lot cleaner. I would try to keep it covered but still allow some ventilation (including opening compartments that may be wet. Some people have made PVC pipe cover supports that help rain spill off the cover. Good luck!

My son is now 20, going on 21. If we go out, it usually involves his friends. The rule is, if they go out, they help put her to bed. I have to turn the boat to get it in the garage. They do it or help. Wipe her down and clean her out. If they don't, they don't go out. Strict rule unless I say different. I still seem to do most of the work, but no the hard stuff!

i know someone who has a son who is that age too, he does all most all of the maintence and cleaning. I like it when young people show that they are responsible and are mature enough to be able to take dad's boat out of the weekend.

i know someone who has a son who is that age too, he does all most all of the maintence and cleaning. I like it when young people show that they are responsible and are mature enough to be able to take dad's boat out of the weekend.

...anyone in particular you had in mind when you typed this???

Don't break your arm patting your back!!! Tongue.gif

(j/k)

P

PPJumper:

Covered storage would be the best but I had to leave my old boat out in the elements for a couple of years. I used to use the canvas cover and a silver tarp over that. I'd put the tower down undr the cover and that helped with the shedding of water. I also used a contraption of PVC to keep any water from puddling on the cover. Also I strongly suggest using Driz-Air baskets ( I used 3) thruought the boat. They will help to keep moisture (potential mold) down. They help A LOT. I had the boat under a canopy on dirt. The trailer took a beating. I got the tarps from Overton's. IIRC they were an odd size (15X25) Perfect for a boat. I still have 2 (new in package) if interested..... I'm in NorCal too.

Welcome!

Patrick