Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

knee braces

mali_vride

Not familiar with the EVS. My research led me to the C.Ti.2 by Innovation Sports. You might want to check with your medical insurance company and see which brands they'll cover. Good luck.

Edited by NorCaliBu

I have 2 (one each leg) custom cti2 knee braces great fit and warranty for life . They fit so well i forget i am wearing them till i get back in the boat or sit down for lunch after a morning of snowboarding,they also have removeable patelar cup for the snow or dirtbike riding.

I have 2 (one each leg) custom cti2 knee braces great fit and warranty for life . They fit so well i forget i am wearing them till i get back in the boat or sit down for lunch after a morning of snowboarding,they also have removeable patelar cup for the snow or dirtbike riding.

ok heres my background 11 knee sug. 6 on one 5 on the other i still wakeboard!! !! tompsom 99 is what i use call your orto. doctor and thell him you want the number of a custom maker they will fit perfect and give support exactly where you need it!!!(only 150.00 to 350.00 if your ins. covers and recomended by your doc)

Edited by Group Therapy

i've had 4 surgeries on my knee. i've had several different brands of braces. Try a bunch of different ones for comfort (a good ortho will have several brands, with one that he prefers).

Currently I am using this one from Don Joy (you will see a lot of NFL/College lineman and QBs were these). I like it because it fits well under my hockey shin pads and goalie pads):

Don Joy Knee Brace

Talk to your orthopaedic surgeon - they will know best which brace will actually help you (a lot of them will do nothing for certain types of injuries)... This is key - don't try to treat yourself!!

What specific injury did you have? It makes a difference

I've had 3 knee surgeries (so far) and use no type of brace.. wouldn't help me (and the surgeries helped enough that I have virtually no pain/weakness).

Talk to your orthopaedic surgeon - they will know best which brace will actually help you (a lot of them will do nothing for certain types of injuries)... This is key - don't try to treat yourself!!

What specific injury did you have? It makes a difference

I've had 3 knee surgeries (so far) and use no type of brace.. wouldn't help me (and the surgeries helped enough that I have virtually no pain/weakness).

I had a tumor removed from my knee and some of the bone cut away and bone cement put in place for it Shocking.gif .

Where did they remove the bone from? That matters quite a bit. (my wife is an orthopaedic surgeon - so I'm getting this first hand)

Where did they remove the bone from? That matters quite a bit. (my wife is an orthopaedic surgeon - so I'm getting this first hand)

On the left knee on the left side of my knee.

I think she was looking for which bone (patella? tibia?).. more so than which side.

"-)

I'm not sure what bone it is (might be the fermur) or something like that. All i no is it hurt for the first couple of hours and it was expensive Shocking.gif .

My insurance company paid for my $2000.00 ++ CTI 2 and my Edge was $140.00 used om e bay..... The edge is off the shelf with no ACL protection. The CTI 2 has a ACL cable system to protect it.

if you're not sure.. call your doc. He/she will be able to tell you in one seconf if a brace will help at all.

At least it's fixed enough to get on the water!

"-)

I have the Don Joy...In my opinion, great brace for all activity except water. The velcro straps tend to come undone when coming out of the water during start up. You can get a sleeve (light stretch nylon you pull over the brace) to keep the straps from coming undone but the brace retains water and feels heavy when up. Saying that, I used the brace for 2 seasons and never worried about injury to my knee. Go with the advise to ask your ortho and get a custom made-to-fit brace. The cheap over the counter braces are not going to give you support and confidence of a custom brace. I had ACL/MCL reconstruction and now do not wear a brace at all but would not have even considered getting on the water without it.