Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview Problems

water_junky

My 2009 LSV has had Maliview rebooting issues since last summer. Bought the boat new and it's got around 280 hours on it.

Screen blanks out and cruise kicks in/out.

Dealer replaced ECM last fall for $800 and said they water tested it - everything ok.

Talked with Malibu Inc multiple times to get my $800 refunded since Indmar indicates ECM replacement isn't the solution.

Malibu takes no responsibility since boat is out of warranty but problems began when it was in warranty.

Amazing service for a "premium" boat manufacturer !

Took boat out last weekend - cruise still sketchy - pretty sure problem is still there.

Is Mastercraft any better ?

Very frustrating when you pay $70k for a boat

When I had my 247 I had it cut out twice while cruising down the main channel of the lake doing 35-40mph. Screen flashed, blanked and then the engine died as the system re-booted itself. They replaced it and it never did it again but the system is clearly not bulletproof. Had lots of problems with the touch screen not being responsive as well. Might take an extra press every once and a while but I love the hard buttons on my G25.

I had the exact same issues JRZ had.... mine cutting out while underway was traced not to the MTC or a Maliview issue.. but to the 1" round blue on/off switch in the dash... the spring inside the switch was too weak for the application... if you hit a roller underway the impact or jolt would cause the button to depress on its own and cut the system off.. as if you had intentially hit it with your finger. They replaced the button and perhaps a stronger spring inside the switch and the problem went away.

different issue: my MTC would freeze up when doing watersports, engine would continue to run and everything, you couldnt adjust ballast levels, wedge or speed, it would lock up on the current settings....they replaced the MTC and the issues never re-appeared.

Benny,

There is a software update that is supposed to fix this problem, contact your dealer. Mine will be going in to the dealer for the update in the next couple of weeks, of course I won't know if it fixes it until I get the boat in the water.

Terry

Software update fixed my problem, glad I didn't buy a new ecm like they first told me.

• 4 months later...

Software update fixed my problem, glad I didn't buy a new ecm like they first told me.

Hi Water Junky........ My vtx 2009 clicked over 300 hrs today. Maliview started turning off and then back on for the first time today. Boat did not miss a beat but did start to lose speed and preset / speed was no longer engaged. I note your post June 2013 confirmed the software update fixed the problem. Is Maliview still working OK?

Hi Water Junky........ My vtx 2009 clicked over 300 hrs today. Maliview started turning off and then back on for the first time today. Boat did not miss a beat but did start to lose speed and preset / speed was no longer engaged. I note your post June 2013 confirmed the software update fixed the problem. Is Maliview still working OK?

Hey Shed61,

My boat worked perfect all year, put about 75 hrs on it and not a problem.

• 2 years later...

My 2009 vlx hit 302 hrs and my screen started randomly shutting off and resetting. I have checked all of my grounds and it will do it every 15 to 20 seconds while running at the dock. I have a new update to try but when I plug the flashdrive in, it lights up , I select update and hit enter and then the screen goes blue and resets.  Very frustrated. Malibu told me to order a new viperbox for 1050.00.