Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf settings on 07 VLX Wakesetter

CharlieCOZ

Guys,

Just trying to get my ballast and wedge setup on my Wakesetter but am having difficulties in getting the right shape of the wake so I can let go off the rope. Any Ideas would be great.

ATM were filling the back corner an centre with power wedge down and speed 10-11

Guys,

Just trying to get my ballast and wedge setup on my Wakesetter but am having difficulties in getting the right shape of the wake so I can let go off the rope. Any Ideas would be great.

ATM were filling the back corner an centre with power wedge down and speed 10-11

Same boat we ride wedge down, 1100 in corner, 400 on surf side on seat, center full, 500 up front. 10.8-11.2 speed. I would say the big thing need weight in the front that boat love weight up front. You don't have to go that heavy but the weight up front is the big thing. Loves it wake boarding also we ride 500 then too.

Same boat we ride wedge down, 1100 in corner, 400 on surf side on seat, center full, 500 up front. 10.8-11.2 speed. I would say the big thing need weight in the front that boat love weight up front. You don't have to go that heavy but the weight up front is the big thing. Loves it wake boarding also we ride 500 then too.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you also fill the side ballast that comes standard with the VLX.

With the 1100 in the back is that in the rear locker???

I'll also chime in with my setup as it is a bit different than what others posted. Rear surf side stock full, center full, 750# in rear compartment, 450# in bow, wedge all the way down, 11.6 mph, and either a few people in the boat or another 450# on rear seat surf side corner. This makes a very nice clean wave (we surf both standard and goofy sides) that we can surf all day; plenty of push and height.

Everyone seems to love my wave. I can do 360s on it no problem and am working on 720s now. I have the left box full, and 750 in the v drive. i then have a 250 under the seat and a 250 on the floor right next to it. Wedge down. I surf at 9.6mph.

I do not fill the center tank or the front. I find filling these tanks cause the wake to splash up and hit you in the face. Add about 6 or 7 people in the boat and the wake gets massive and it is super long.

Also you add all this weight you may need a new prop do a search but I say 1235.

Edited by Bradley Thornton

Guys when you talk about the wedge all the way down do you mean down to where the wakesize is the largest on the dial in th dash, which is say half way on the dial I think or the wedge all the way down.

I put the wedge all the way down.

I find it interesting a lot of you guys are putting a lot of weight up front and in the center but you guys are going significantly faster than I am going. I will have to give this setup a try.

The norm is all the way down or 1,2,3 clicks up. The clicks are just pushing the button up for about a second. On a power wedge. I never do the clicks never seem to help me

Edited by Bradley Thornton

Same boat

'06 V-ride = SV23 wake hull. That's not the same boat at all; that's the same as 96-00 Sunsetter VLX/99-04 Wakesetter VLX. V-rides are the previous generation hulls.

For our hull, I do 750 in the locker, 500 under the port seat, and about 150-200 up front (all hidden) + wedge, 10.5-10.8 MPH. Too much weight in the front lengthens the wake a bit but kills the height (for wakeboarding front bag is filled fully). That said, I'm doing either an 1100lb bag over the winter or more likely a DIY manual Surfgate setup.

That said, the V25 hull may like weighting differently.

Never said I was talking about my boat. My friend has a 08 VLX I ride about 50% of the time. For my 06 Vride 1,100 in the locker only fills about 90-95%, Center full, Power Wedge all the way down, No weight up front. 10.8-11.2 mph. This is nice. If we are going all out we put a 400 in the center like this \ on the floor I put it that way so I can turn my seat around. The wake reminds me of a 23 LSV like this it is great. I have 2 full days finding this set up. Tried it all. You can over weigh the SV23. If I have people in the boat I take a little out of the 1100. Nitrousbird what it does is give you the 23 LSV wide wave up front and by taking the weight from up front it gives you a steep nice lip after the wide wave at 11.2 I would say you have 18-20ft of good wave with nice push. The 1100 is a good move. Doing the surfgate to good luck.

Thanks for all the info fellas, im in Bali next week and will order the sacs whilst i am away. Im thinking maybe a 750 in the rear and 2 400's, one in the bow and one on the side seat. Will order them from Bakes or Ebay, our local distributors in OZ prowake.com.au change a fortune

My buddies 05 vlx (same hull as the OP) produces a huge wave but the platform completely ruins it. We can't clean up the face and the wash runs onto the board dragging it down. I think he needs to raise his platform about 2" but I know not everyone has done that and still getting great wakes with that hull.....?

My buddies 05 vlx (same hull as the OP) produces a huge wave but the platform completely ruins it. We can't clean up the face and the wash runs onto the board dragging it down. I think he needs to raise his platform about 2" but I know not everyone has done that and still getting great wakes with that hull.....?

How much weight up front if the bow is high you may want to add a little more up front or speed just an idea.

• 2 years later...

I have an 07 VLX. MY BUDDY HAS AN 11. We've both experimented individually and both ended up with virtually the same settings. Front full, center full, surf side full, plus 750 or 900 surf side locker. Wedge straight down. 9.6 - 10.2 mph. I'm gonna play with more speed and less front ballast. However wake washes out at higher speeds in my current setup.