Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

seat covers

jeffmx

I also had seen these at the boat show. If you looked closely they have you attach velcro tape to the boat to attach it in certain places. I am not a big fan of putting extra stuff on my boat that might damage gel coat or make it ugly. you could get some beach towels and make them yourself with some elastic sewn in and a little sewing knowledge. I was thinking of doing a product like this one with better quality towel material and a better attaching system.

Thats why I just got the rear sun deck to check it out. Basically it is a beach towel with elastic.

If it is funky in any way , its off.

And I am not sewing, velcroing, or glueing anything to my new boat!

My friend Mark owns this company.

He's had them on his last two boats. They're made of really nice terry cloth and do wonders to save your vinyl. When he took them off his old boat, the interior was like brand new.

Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard about this thread and thought I should add some input, since the product you are discussing is mine.

First, let me say that in the VLX kit, there are only 2 pieces of the 14 total that attach with a 3M adhesive product. NONE of the bottom covers use "Velcro", so if anyone is concerned about using velcro, they do not have to order those particular covers. The 2 covers that use the 3M adhesive are the back seat and the side wall next to the corner seat. The 3M product we use is not at all like "velcro" in that is not nearly as abrasive or "prickly". It has a harder feel to it and won't scratch you if you rub against it. We also can recommend tricks to conceal the adhesive from view, and from contacting your skin.Also, the 3M adhesive peals off without ANY discoloration or adverse affects to the gel-coat. This product is designed to make your boat look better longer, not the other way around!

As far as the quality of the towel material, we are using the best towel we can get, keeping in mind the total price of the product. The entire kit costs about $600. With a 20% discount, that puts in just under $500. If we start using towels that cost 2X more, you can image how the price point will rise... Of course if someone is making their own one-off set, they they have the ability to choose whatever quality towel they want. We are making a product that will "hopefully" have a price point people will be comfortable with. If someone wants a specific towel for their kit, we can accomodate that.

If anyone has ANY questions, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Mark

I just heard about this thread and thought I should add some input, since the product you are discussing is mine.

First, let me say that in the VLX kit, there are only 2 pieces of the 14 total that attach with a 3M adhesive product. NONE of the bottom covers use "Velcro", so if anyone is concerned about using velcro, they do not have to order those particular covers. The 2 covers that use the 3M adhesive are the back seat and the side wall next to the corner seat. The 3M product we use is not at all like "velcro" in that is not nearly as abrasive or "prickly". It has a harder feel to it and won't scratch you if you rub against it. We also can recommend tricks to conceal the adhesive from view, and from contacting your skin.Also, the 3M adhesive peals off without ANY discoloration or adverse affects to the gel-coat. This product is designed to make your boat look better longer, not the other way around!

As far as the quality of the towel material, we are using the best towel we can get, keeping in mind the total price of the product. The entire kit costs about $600. With a 20% discount, that puts in just under $500. If we start using towels that cost 2X more, you can image how the price point will rise... Of course if someone is making their own one-off set, they they have the ability to choose whatever quality towel they want. We are making a product that will "hopefully" have a price point people will be comfortable with. If someone wants a specific towel for their kit, we can accomodate that.

If anyone has ANY questions, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for clarifiying your product to my brothers and sisters here at TMC...

I will be calling you directly to place an order.

Thanks, Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I recieved the Primal seat covers.

Although they are the wrong color,(Mark is swapping them out for me, thanks!), I thought I would take a couple of pictures to show the fit and finish..

Anybody need rear sundeck covers in midnight blue? (Tracie?)

Edited by jeffmx

Nice but its just one more thing I would have to take off and clean all the time. I do like the idea of the deck and lockers having these covers.

Mark do you have prices for 03 VLX?

I recieved the Primal seat covers.

Although they are the wrong color,(Mark is swapping them out for me, thanks!), I thought I would take a couple of pictures to show the fit and finish..

Anybody need rear sundeck covers in midnight blue? (Tracie?)

Hmmm, let me think about it & show them to slider. How soon do you need to return them?

D-Goose,

The 03 VLX kit is in development now. Check the website for pricing and pics in a few weeks. (www.primalmp.com)

WakeGirl,

Jeff is actually returining the Navy blue set to me once we get his new ones made. The Navy peices will just go into my stock, so there is no rush.