Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

End Of Season In Minneaoplis

AdeL

78 degrees air temp with water at 62 degrees. I'm calling an end to my season of wakeboarding. I could probably get another few days but it's time to winterize. My highlight this year, nailing wake to wake heel side 180'3. Next year I need to figure out toe-side 180's.

78 degrees air temp with water at 62 degrees. I'm calling an end to my season of wakeboarding. I could probably get another few days but it's time to winterize. My highlight this year, nailing wake to wake heel side 180'3. Next year I need to figure out toe-side 180's.

I used to live in Rochester, MN. We boarded from April to October up there. It was a labor of love, let me tell you.Stupid, dumb love.

Get yourself a full body 5/4 wetsuit and you will be boarding/skiing/surfing until November. But I do have to run an extension cord down to the boat to put one of those magnetic block heaters on the boat's block when temps dip to the mid 20's. The thicker wet suits are amazing to a point that unless you take a good head first fall sometimes when I'm done riding 90% of the inside of the suit is still dry. The biggest problem with late and early boating is finding someone to come out with you.

Edited by Nick in the TC

Just go dry and never look back. Started this season in Mid Mich. in March and go into Nov. Mother nature can cause things to change but water temps are no problem.

Nick in The TC & Sixball, thanks for the inspiration. My main concern is for my boat not the temperature of the water. I don't like the idea of sub freezing temps when my boat is not winterized. I may think of some heaters for next season and go into October/November.

Wow talk about an early cut out :). When I was on the minnesota waterski and wakeboard team we would practice clear into november with a goal of thanksgiving. Every night after practice i would drain all the water our of the block because we didnt have a place to keep the engine warm on those cold nights. I dont know what side of the line of dedication or stupid we were on but it was COLD!

• Like 2

I'm with Sixball. I stick it out till at least the end of October. I have an air Dryer I use if it gets below 20 (see link). And If the forecast gets really bad I would put the boat in my garage.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100137&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50667&subdeptNum=50668&classNum=50671#.UGtVqFJ63To

Put quick drains on it and winterize in 5 minutes. It will be 28 on Friday where I live. (Colorado) I keep using the boat until at least Halloween but I drain the block, trani cooler, pump and heater every time. Drysuit is the only way to go. Hell, I use my dry suit half of the year!