Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'93 Eurosport F3 shuts down after warm when transition from neutral

Willwalk

I'm helping a friend with this Euro F3. It runs okay testing out of the water - revs up real nice, idles, etc. But, when in the water, and only after about 10 minutes of warm-up, it starts shutting down. Then, although it always starts and revs in neutral, it always shuts down when going from neutral to gear.

At first, I thought it must be fuel related so I completely cleaned the fuel system - removed and cleaned tank, blew out lines, replaced filters and fuel strainer, rebuilt carb. I still have the same problem.

So, what is different when it is warmed up? (BTW: It is not the manual choke) Thanks!

Totally agree. Change the coil. When they fail, they act up when they are hot. The good news is they are cheap. You can throw an Accel aftermarket coil on there from the local parts store and put a bit more juice in there. I have one on my boat and it works great. :)

• Like 1

Great suggestion. I thought about it but just couldn't reconcile the pattern of neutral-to-gear issue. I will absolutely try it!

If it doesn't work, I was thinking about something that had to do with a switch that is presumably in the throttle cable that could turn off the ignition. However, the warmed up thing is left unexplained. Hopefully, the coil is the answer.

Thanks.