Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 boat Wake Surf video

nyryan2001

I cant imagine how much gas we'd burn if I could get another buddy with a sac'd out 247 to give this a try, looks like a blast. Shots out to my old Lake Anna crew, trying to get reassigned back that way next summer, keep it up, impressive!

Edited by nyryan2001
  • Like 1

Awesome video...I surfed with them for about an hour that day at Lake Anna. I think this was actually shot last October at the Lake Country Marine Centurion demo day.

Just fyi...

you don't need the 2nd boat slammed at all. I've got a buddy that rides a 247. If I drive up next to him in my Response (unweighted) it creates a trough/bowl. It makes both wakes rideable. Also, you can move that spine super far back. It creates a huge push.

By having our Response empty, it makes it super easy to get in the right position.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ryan for sharing the video! Actually you need to go a lot faster than normal Surfing to get the pocket to form. Believe it or not we were rolling almost 15 mph!! Hope to see you back here!!

I tried that once at Lake Mead. It is actually harder than it seems. One driver needs to be completely focused only on driving. Forget about watching anything but your speed and the boat next to you. Maybe it would have been easier if we had gone faster. Looking forward to trying that again.