Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sony RM-X60M not controlling iPhone

MadDogMike

Shot in the dark if anyone has this or similar setup, but here goes:

I have the Sony DSX-MS60 head unit and the Sony RM-X60M remote commander. The commander is supposed to control the iPod or iPhone when it's connected to the head unit, however it's not. The audio plays fine, and the artist info shows on the display, but if I hit the >> button on the remote, instead of skipping to the next song as it should, it actually changes from the Music app to the Podcasts app! Very irritating! Any ideas?

BTW, I'm using an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.

Thanks,

Mike

We have put in more then a few Mu60I head units using the RMX60 remote with great success (full control) in pulling up play lists and controlling the iPhone from the transom or center cabin with the remote. What we found very interesting is in the manual of the MU60I there is a list of remotes that are compatable.

A couple things we have learned, if any of the cables are loose the ladder signal will not get to the remote, (any loose connection in the entire loop can disrupt all the remotes) we have also been told that on the head unit there is a feature that allows you to reset your remotes as we had one that volume was not working on the right button.

hope this helps

jack

A couple things we have learned, if any of the cables are loose the ladder signal will not get to the remote, (any loose connection in the entire loop can disrupt all the remotes)

Cables are all tight, and the remote works correctly on everything except iPhone/iPod.

we have also been told that on the head unit there is a feature that allows you to reset your remotes as we had one that volume was not working on the right button.

There is a master reset button on the head unit, I'll give that a try.

Remember to look in the owners manual to confirm the rmx60 is listed but it sounds like if everything is working except the iphone, we are close. I remember someone gave me a phone number to a genius at Rockford that walked me through finding the loose connection, I will search my notes to see if we can find the "all knowing" about these again and get you a name and phone number to call.

USB is in correctly and tested on some other device to ensure the USB cable is good? Yep I had one show it was seeing my play list but would not play, changed USB cable and things worked fine but that was in my truck.

If the master reset does not work, browze your head unit menus to see if there is a remote reset or plus/minus and see what that does.

• 1 month later...

Just checked, the behavior is the same when using the head unit, so it's not really an issue with the remote commander. Rather, it just seems like the Sony isn't playing well with the iPhone, even though it's supposedly designed to.