Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Air Chair/Foil

MUpde

I'm sure AirJunky will know...

I'm looking to rent a foil to see if it's something I'd like to buy. Is there somewhere local (So. Cal.) that i can rent one from?

Also, what advice can you give to someone trying this for the 1st time?

Thanks.

Rentals are tough to come by. I'd suggest you get on Foilforum.com & send out the same kind of message. I think you will get several invites to join riders in the area.

There is a pretty good number of riders in Parker, on Canyon & Elsinore, Marine Stadium, etc.

Skyskis are by far the most plentiful but Air chairs are making a big comeback.

Don't waste your money or time renting one. it will take more than a few attempts to get it. If you rent one thinking you will be riding it after a few days you will likely think it is too hard and not buy one. Buy one and learn to ride it and you will never regret it. I have done everything there is to do on water behind a boat and I have not found anything as fun as an Airchair! Check on Ebay and you might find one for a good price. I ended up buying a factory second direct from Airchair. All that was wrong was the graphic on the ski was a bit off center and saved quite a bit. I have never regreted buying it for a second!

As for advice....... patience!

Wow that brings back memories, anyone remember Mike mac's ski school, I rented and airchair in Parker AZ We learned that day and went home and bought one, Then in 96 I saw Mike Murphy at the boat show and Bought a sky ski, I perfer the ski ski by far, I dont think Mike's ski school is still around...

Edited by Wakesetter67

You mean this place? :whistle:

mmassr.jpg

I saw Mack a couple years ago at Murphy's wedding. He & Vicki are retired in Huntington Beach, being surf bums, loving life. The motel is still there, but only used by friends & family.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky