Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replace all the carpet 2002 LSV 23

I am going to recarpet the boat this winter and am wanting suggestions for good quality carpet. Its currently light grey and I was thinking the same color or some other light color. If anyone has done this or has some good pics of their carpt on the boat, I would love some advice on the type of carpet I should use, where I should buy it, and any tips to make it easier.

Also I need to say how much I love this site and appreciate what a help it has already been.

If you pull out your carpet try and pull it out as whole as possible so you can use it as a nice template and makes fitting much easier and faster. When I pulled my carpet out the original glue was simply dust, so it came out fine. I was ready with a hot air gun w/scraper tool attached if it didn't though...

• 1 month later...

jroos, please keep us up to date with what you end up doing. I am going to thoroughly clean the carpet in our newly acquired boat and see how it looks, but I fear we'll be doing new carpet eventually anyhow, and this winter would be a good time to do it. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...