Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$4700 factory freight charge for 2013 LSV?

lerch

Thinking about ordering a 2013 23LSV and went through specs with the local Malibu dealer (who is new this year) on Friday. The build sheet had listed a $4700 factory freight charge added on to the MSRP. I dont remember a specific freight charge when I ordered our 2008 and was a bit surprised - seems like a lot. Located in southeast Washington State.

Is this a standard charge?

Edited by lerch

I would venture to say this is already added in to the price of a boat in inventory currently. They probably break it out on the invoice like they do with cars, line by line on a new (ordered) boat. A good friend of mine has dealt with that dealer in the past and has had good and bad experiences. Tell them what you will pay for the 2013 and leave it at that.

My quote for 3 states away was $3500 for a Response LX. Dealer did say I could save some on picking it up, but it didn't sound like much. Though I'm due for a plant tour and some TN skiing.

hopefully they throw in a free shirt

A good friend of mine has dealt with that dealer in the past and has had good and bad experiences. Tell them what you will pay for the 2013 and leave it at that.

:plus1: on the experience with Sundown. And the pricing.

Quick hijack, who is the new Malibu dealer in the Tri-Cities?

Thanks for all of the replies. I understand that some shipping charges should be expected but $4700 seems excessive. Would be nice if it was a fixed flat fee like autos.

The Sundown owner decided to get out of the boat business to focus on his original business at the end of the season last year. Traveland RV and Marine is the new Malibu dealer in the Tri-Cities. I bought 2 Malibus from Sundown and felt they always took care of me well. Dont really have any experience or references with Traveland at this point. They appear to be nice but at a minimum the towboats are only a fraction of their business with fishing boats and trailers etc. vs Sundown whose entire line was Malibus only for the recent history. I was dissappointed that I was not able to ride behind a surfgate equipped boat due to their insurace coverage. I could only observe the wave from the boat during a demo.

I was dissappointed that I was not able to ride behind a surfgate equipped boat due to their insurace coverage. I could only observe the wave from the boat during a demo.

That's a joke!

The Sundown owner decided to get out of the boat business to focus on his original business at the end of the season last year. Traveland RV and Marine is the new Malibu dealer in the Tri-Cities. I bought 2 Malibus from Sundown and felt they always took care of me well. Dont really have any experience or references with Traveland at this point. They appear to be nice but at a minimum the towboats are only a fraction of their business with fishing boats and trailers etc. vs Sundown whose entire line was Malibus only for the recent history. I was dissappointed that I was not able to ride behind a surfgate equipped boat due to their insurace coverage. I could only observe the wave from the boat during a demo.

take a few moments to show sundown a 'demo' umpteen-thousand dollar check that they would not be able to ride because of your insurance constraints.

Edited by tvano

Plus one if you can't ride behind a boat you're about to spend $80,000 on take your money elsewhere! I can't believe Malibu corporate allows the dealership to operate that way. Wonder if it's a start up issue?

Maybe you should shop some of the other dealers in Oregon, Washington and Idaho.They are all about the same distance away. Or, if you want to still buy from your local dealer see if they will piggy back it with an order to one of those other dealers to save on shipping cost. then just go pick it up. No way would I fork over 5k for shipping.

Edited by MalibuTime