Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23LSV or 247

pimp dad

With the same motor which handles better? I like the sports car feel of the LSV with the larger motor, (thinking of the Hammerhead). Am I going to be disappointed with the handling of the larger 247 (assuming it has the same motor and not the big block)? I would like the extra space for the rare times I have 12 or more in the boat, but storing it, towing it, feeding it (gas) seem like they would correspondingly get more difficult with the larger 247. Most of all I want to have a sportier ride since I will be the one primarily driving it. It will usually have a crew of two adults with four to eight children and teens involved in all the watersports but mostly wakeboarding and wakesurfing. Occasionally will have four adults and eight youth along for a ride. I like the looks of the 23 LSV better but don't want to find out in a year I should have paid a little more for the larger boat. What do you think?

Welcome to the site!

How's your storage situation? Would a 247 work in it or not? I think the big thing that you have to ask yourself is what percentage of the time will you actually need the extra room in the bigger boat, because it sounds like you want the smaller one.

Welcome to the site!

How's your storage situation? Would a 247 work in it or not? I think the big thing that you have to ask yourself is what percentage of the time will you actually need the extra room in the bigger boat, because it sounds like you want the smaller one.

I can store either, but the 247 would be a tight fit and probably a bit much for my wife to maneuver in and out of storage. Its not often that I would need the extra room, but I don't think anyone would complain about it when there are two families along for the day. Is the LSV comfortable with two families for a total of 12 if half are pre-teens?

Anyone care to comment on the differences in handling characteristics?

When we test drove the 247 I feel that it had a great feel. It definitely has a slightly bigger feel but it turns, powers and is overall very exciting to drive. We ordered the hammerhead because it is acutally has 425hp, which is only 25hp less than the bb. I know it has less torque but for us we looked at economy vs performance and I believe that it will be great for both. We normally have 4 adults and 7 kids with lots of gear and gas. Test drove with 4 adults and full balast. We put it through its paces and I was very happy. Remember that is just one mans opinion, and I know that the bb would probably be nice but I don't really see us running with 11 peps , full balast, and the wedge, except for surfing. We did surf on the testdrive and it is, well, WOW.

We also did our test at 2800ft and will do alot of our boating at 5000ft. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

PS. We picked the 247 because it was just too crowded in the ws23 even though we came from a sunsetterlx.

Edited by hotrodbowtie