Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New seat for old 'Bu.....

CliffB

The captains chair in my old '89 'Bu Skier must weigh 80-90 lbs. The seat bottom needs a recover.

I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their stock seat with something like a carbon sparco or corbeau? These things weigh in at about 20lbs and feel great with lots of lateral support. I think they can be had with some kind of a neoprene material too.

It would be nice to get 70lbs out of the front of the boat I think.

Is this a dumb idea?

post-19592-0-22000600-1348339936_thumb.j

Edited by CliffB

If you care about the looks yes bad idea its like taking a 68 model car and adding race seats stock seats just look better. But if its all about less weight and its just a tool to do a job (ski) Then its a great idea. My 2 cents

I think if the head rest wasn't so high it would be a great idea. If you could modify that by cutting the back rest to just above the horizontal pading it would look awesome and those colors even match your boat.

Thank you gents, that's good feedback. Now that I think about it, that sparco/corbeau would look pretty out of place. I'll get the stock seat bottom recovered.....and just make sure 200lbs of crap doesn't build up in the forward stowage compartment!

Thanks.

Awful idea. It will look bad and will be uncomfortable to get in/out of in a boat compared to a factory seat.

Tell us what you really think LOL!!!