Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Video

wakemitch

Thanks everyone!

I ride for Victoria Skimboards and I am the Pro Shop Manager for California Marine Sports.

We took out the rear hard tanks and plumbed in 1100lbs flyhigh bags in the lockers, plumbed in 400 lbs bags under the side seats, and we put a 400 lbs bag on the bow on the surf side. We fill the stock center ballast and use the wedge. The wake is long, has a lot of push, and the lip gives it a lot of kick for airs.

Surf style boards finless dont work. They need fins to work. That's how they are designed.

Skim style wakesurf boards can be ridden with a single 1" fin or finless very easily. I used to ride finless, but this year I have been riding with a 1" fin.

Thanks for the info. New to surfing and am trying to nail the 360 but just can seem to get it done on my surf board with the fins in so I guess perhaps I should buy a skim board as they seem to spin alot easier becasue you definately make it look easy. Keep posting more vids love seeing great surf videos.

Great wake and great surfing! When talking ballast, you mean one 1100 lb sack in locker and one 400 lb sack on surf side, correct? Plus the front ballast. I think I need to fill my factory underseat coolers up front for more front ballast. My wake is steep but I lose the sweet spot too easy.