Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
wakemitch

Wakesurf Video

wakemitch

I finally put together a video of some wakesurfing from this summer. About half of this footage is behind a 2002 Malibu LSV too. The wake is actually pretty great

Lance B. Johnson

Nice riding Mitch !!!!

martinarcher

Very nice riding! Is that a Victoria board?

Blindside_137

sick man, you look really comfortable. Nice vid

wakemitch

Thanks guys!

Yeah it's a 50" Victoria Factor PCX. The green board is the 51" Victoria Agent

MalibuAdam

Nice surfin, I really gotta try a skim board again. I haven't been on one in 2 years now

nyryan2001

Holy cow man. Serious skills! you sponsored yet? if not you are well on your way.

mnhays

that's some awesome riding! I can't ride on a skim! I need the fins for my surfing! what's your setup on your boat for weighting?

08154XP

NICE RIDING. HAVE TRIED TAKING THE FINS OUT OF MY SURF BOARD AND CAN HARDLY RIDE IT. MAYBE THE ACTUAL SKIM BOARDS ARE DESIGNED BETTER THAT WAY BUT THAT WAS AWESOME.

wakemitch

Thanks everyone!

I ride for Victoria Skimboards and I am the Pro Shop Manager for California Marine Sports.

We took out the rear hard tanks and plumbed in 1100lbs flyhigh bags in the lockers, plumbed in 400 lbs bags under the side seats, and we put a 400 lbs bag on the bow on the surf side. We fill the stock center ballast and use the wedge. The wake is long, has a lot of push, and the lip gives it a lot of kick for airs.

Surf style boards finless dont work. They need fins to work. That's how they are designed.

Skim style wakesurf boards can be ridden with a single 1" fin or finless very easily. I used to ride finless, but this year I have been riding with a 1" fin.

08154XP

Thanks for the info. New to surfing and am trying to nail the 360 but just can seem to get it done on my surf board with the fins in so I guess perhaps I should buy a skim board as they seem to spin alot easier becasue you definately make it look easy. Keep posting more vids love seeing great surf videos.

wakemitch

Skim style boards are definitely easier to spin than surf style boards. It's fun to have both styles since they ride so differently

wakemitch

-BS-, here you go!

Jab31169

Looks good man. One of my good buddies rides for Victoria as well. Come see Sawyer next summer if you get a chance.

Edited by Jab31169

opnwide

Great wake and great surfing! When talking ballast, you mean one 1100 lb sack in locker and one 400 lb sack on surf side, correct? Plus the front ballast. I think I need to fill my factory underseat coolers up front for more front ballast. My wake is steep but I lose the sweet spot too easy.