Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Shasta, boat aground

jayjoans

Bingo. So it's from before the 16th.

Ouch. Seems like it's in a weird place too.

We spent a week at Shasta this year, week prior to Labor Day. Rented a house & packed it full of people. Good times.

First day we're there, we decide to go to Hirz Bay on the O'Brien arm (don't go if you have women with you, they all bitched about the drive). Anyway, we get to the ramp & find 2 trucks & trailers already there. First guy runs up to us in a panic & says, "PLEASE BE PATIENT! We have a problem here & we'll only get thru it if we're all patient!!". We all kinda look at each other & laugh. The guy is tweekin or something.

So we look down at the ramp & a little Ford Ranger is 1/2 in the water & his back wheel is up on the dock, the whole truck is cocked over at an angle, with the door wide open. We walk down to check it out. The guy's small fishing boat trailer is jackknifed, bent in 1/2, and way underwater. The guy is unloading all his camping gear from the truck to the dock, and the boat is tied to the dock. He tells us that he was going to push down on the e-brake & missed it somehow. The truck & trailer roll into the lake & he FALLS OUT of the truck! Now the truck is perched on the open door & he can't close it or the truck will fall over!! OMGawd, we're all bustin up laughin. The guy jumps in his little boat & says he's goin to his cabin to get his cell phone charger. Says if anyone comes by lookin for him, to tell them he will be right back. We ask him, "Who are you?" He says, "My name is Blaze." We all look at each other & say, "Of course." :Doh:

So anyway, we unload our boats into the lake. The ramp is plenty wide enough to unload despite his bent & tweeked trailer being in the way. He comes back about the time we're done & we decide we should stick around to watch the chaos. He had called a tow truck & they showed up a few minutes later. They stand around & gawk at the truck & trailer a bit. I had just looked at it & the truck rear tire was on the dock, but otherwise it wasn't high centered or hung up in any way. The trailer was bent but looked like it would come out with a little encouragement. So they finally hook up a tow strap to it & start pulling it out. Everytime they pull, the thing creeks & groans like something is breaking or dragging. I looked at Dave & said, do you suppose he figured out how to hit the e-brake AFTER he sank it?? Timing is everything, ya know. Sure enough, Blaze says, "Hey, wait, that durn e-brake is still on."

OMGawd we lost it. You couldn't make this stuff up. I think one of the girls actually videoed the whole thing. I'll have to find out how it turned out.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 1

OMGawd we lost it. You couldn't make this stuff up. I think one of the girls actually videoed the whole thing. I'll have to find out how it turned out.

you just can't make stuff like this up.

they should sell tickets for the show at the ramp.

I got some video too of them trying to get it off the rocks using 2x6's and another boat. Looking at the direction it's facing and the size of the rocks behind it, it had to be going fairly fast to jump up there. Buddies wives said it had some big gouges in it. Is right outside packers bay and there were quite a few boats out then so maybe they had a near miss with another boat, not sure.

The water east of bridge bay was awesome though last weekend. Hope you guys get the same this weekend. I'm thinking my season might be over due to too much crap going on the next 3 or 4 weekends :/

Edited by Bartdude