Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 Surfgate video or pics?

nyryan2001

The 750s were on the plug and play were they not? How is using factory plumbing not stock? why is that any different than the bow tank?

It was the Plug n Play plumbing and they were in the rear lockers! These were on top of the factory ballasts!

I'm not saying the boat eventually won't be dialed in to be great! I'm just saying I asked to see the boat one way and I felt like they were trying to sneak one over on me! And the group's pro could not stay in the pocket for long at all.

You were putting 2500#s plus in the rear? I'm going to hazard a guess that that was the problem with the shape, in addition to, but not caused by the platform. SG will repsond great to more weight, but not to so much rear bias, neither would traditional list weighting either.

"but not to so much rear bias, neither would traditional list weighting either."

We run zero ballast in the nose. No need too. Control the pocket with speed wedge and center tank. That means 80% of our weight is in the rear left........

Edited by Stanley Wheelhouse

Thank you Wheelhouse! My LSV we run 1100 in the right rear,right stock full, center full,front ,half full , and a 750 on the right rears seat. That puts1800, or so, plus what ever the stock tank is, in the right rear of the boat. Results in a awesome wave, although prolly not as cool as the wheelhouse monster! I almost forgot, that we also add a 155 fat brick, strapped on to the right side of the platform. When you list the boat, the platform on the crest side of the wave is out of the water, so it doesn't affect the height or shape of the wave. with surf gate ,the platform gets closer to the water, the more weight you put in it, so it kind of acts like a mudflap pushing down on the crest of the wave. So the more weight you put in it, the more the shape of the wave is changed.

• Like 1

Stanley, I slam my 247 out also, haven't yet seen a surfwave that exceeds what a 247 can do. I regularly run 3500lbs, most is in the back goofy corner. I have ran up to 5k also, but that certainly becomes extreme. Turns like a freight train.

I did ride behind surfgate, a 23 with only a 350. With that said, it blew me away. Limiting factor was the gates not optimized shape and water spray over their tops. Huge wave, at what I'd estimate 85% of what a slammed 247 can do. I've never seen a 350 motor throw that big of a wave. I went in as a skeptic, but I now know there is truly tons of potential in delayed converg. I will say also that it needs to be dialed in and refined....angles, shapes, and length of the gates etc . But without a doubt, true game changer.