Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cant find ballast monitor level wires under dash...

OneMoreSet

I'm looking for the wires (or location) for the ballast level senders that plug into the dash computer (2005-2009).

I have a sunscape (2006) that didnt come with factory ballast, but assume that the "computer" still has these inputs somewhere as the lcd has the ballast button there.

I've seen the pics liljohn posted from when he added bow ballast which shows them but cant find them under mine.

To get to them do you have to take out the guage pod, as it seems they are separated by gelcoat from the bottom area under the dash where the switches are.

Cheers!

The sending unit wires are already hooked up under the dash there isn't anything to find other than the switch wires.now if your looking for the sending unit wire (tank side ) look down near the left front corner were the wires run into the stringer. You will find all the bow wires bundled there

The sending unit wires are already hooked up under the dash there isn't anything to find other than the switch wires.now if your looking for the sending unit wire (tank side ) look down near the left front corner were the wires run into the stringer. You will find all the bow wires bundled there

Thanks for that clarification liljohn. I thought the one pic was from the back side of the computer, but looking at it more closely its the back of the switch plate. So looking at the pics I'm looking for a yellow /w green stripe (bow level wire) and brown /w pink strip (bow fill pump wire).

I'm just curious to see if any of these are present - mine is an '06 lsv with no stock ballast. If these wires are not present seems like it would be more difficult to figure out the ballast monitoring system for the new bow tank. I guess i'd need to know where the yellow /w green stripe wire terminates under the dash.

Cheers.

Okay, I spent some time digging around in the wiring harnesses up front. I think it came away with a miss - no brown/pink or yellow/green wires found. I found solid brown and solid yellow in the harness but that as close as it was. I did not dig these entirely ot to see if the were terminated anywhere or just "loose" wires in the loom, but they seemed fairly tight where i looked.

So I assume that they did not install the wiring loom at the factory - which makes sense because it was built with no built-in ballast.

Again - mine is a 2006 21 LSV no stock ballast.

What i'd like to figure out is where those factory ballast monitoring wires terminate under the dash - on stock boats with the wires in place. I'd assume its somewhere connected to the medallion computer unit.

I assume that all the computer brains are there on my dash unit and computer, but it doesnt show up when you press the "Ballast" button since no leads are connected. But its my guess that if i plug in some sending units the ballast button will work just like other stock boats with stock ballast tanks.

Anyone know where these ballast monitoring wires terminate under the dash - or anyone can do me a solid and find them? :)

Cheers!