Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bought my first Malibu.

Fastfb

Well Im new to the site. So for starters I would like to say hello to everyone. I purchased my first malibu. I thought I would share a couple pictures of it. It has an aerial tower with racks, speakers, sun top and fat sacs. It is in awsome shape inside and out. The boat has 472 hours on it as of this last weekend at the lake with about 8hrs being on new merc engine. This boat is so fun to drive. Its hard to get me out of it! Enjoy the pictures. Also I thought of maybe a graphics on the side of the boat or something to help make it stand out a little. If anyone has any ideas that would be great! Happy to be part of the malibu crew.

malibu3.jpg

malibu6.jpg

Filled with air to see how they fit before I went to the lake. They fit nice.

malibu4.jpg

malibu2.jpg

Looks good, but if you want graphics I'd do a red/white/blue Malibu on it. Reverse the colors on each side to match the rear vertical stripes (blue in front on both sides).

Graphics like I put on my boat:

post-12034-0-49388200-1347988712_thumb.j

But in three color block like the SS boats:

post-12034-0-15072200-1347988744_thumb.g

Nice boat!

Looks good, but if you want graphics I'd do a red/white/blue Malibu on it. Reverse the colors on each side to match the rear vertical stripes (blue in front on both sides).

Graphics like I put on my boat:

post-12034-0-49388200-1347988712_thumb.j

But in three color block like the SS boats:

post-12034-0-15072200-1347988744_thumb.g

Nice boat!

Gr8 looking graphics, were did you get them, I have the exact same boat and colors, thinking about changing up the graphics on mine

Gr8 looking graphics, were did you get them, I have the exact same boat and colors, thinking about changing up the graphics on mine

Thanks.

Local vinyl sign shop. Silver with black drop shadow and matching registration numbers.

Went with the sizes of the factory drip molded ones from Bake's--I want to say 8"x48" on the sides and 6"x36" on the back but it's been a few years now and my memory is not so good.

Here's some clarification on my idea for graphics Fastfb. Take this logo, keep the black outline and drop shadow, make the "Ma" blue, the "li" white, and the "bu" red. Then shrink it down to fit inside your side stripes.

p.s. Never mind the Jake Owen stuff, unless you're into that.

post-12034-0-62069200-1348003428_thumb.j

Great looking Skier!

I would wonder how it would look with the same logo mine has. They are the domed, chrome dipped decals and I think they look pretty nice.

<<< You can see lots of pics of my Sunsetter with the decal in my boat house.

Thanks for all te kind words everyone! Martinarcher I will look at your boat house and see how your sunsetter looks. I like the idea of it saying Malibu on the side. But I don't want it to look cheap. Wakesetter8796 I always need help with the wallet issue! Box boat I have not had the ballast full of water yet. I filled the with air to see how it all fit. It looks like a lot haha. I will see how it goes maybe this weekend if it's nice enough. Has anyone wrapped a old Malibu like this? That crossed my mind today.

I vote to leave it as is too. Or, look at Levi's pic, he put a small Malibu logo near the stern. I did the same thing, no access to my pics right now. BakesOnline, like $12 each sticker.

Nice boat! Don't know why I assumed those bags were full of water when the pic was in your garage. Might as well throw some weight up in the bow, what state are you in? I have a 2005 VLX if you want to trade pulls.

I vote for no graphics. It looks nice as-is.

Be careful with that much weight in a small boat. I put 1500 lbs in our Response this summer and it sat really low. We had it set up for surfing so it was listing too. That's not to say don't do it, you might just want to pick a smooth day to try it out.

Have fun!