Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution or over tower cover?

wakesetter8796

Should we go with an evolution cover or a custom over tower one? They can both be had for around $1k I think. We keep it on the lift 99% of the time, just took at trip to dale hollow. Can you tow with an over tower? We rarely tow, but we have a BIG bug and spider web problem on our docks that the pest control can't seem to solve, mostly spider webs, lots of them. I'm thinking over tower, and would probably do that if it is towable.

Thanks

Thanks, do you think Cory could do an over tower option?

COULD he? Or WOULD he?

No doubt he could in my book. And I can't speak for Cory, but I doubt he'd do it unless he had the boat there in front of him. Just too many variables to mess it up.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Does it pool water?

Bearing in mind that the boat is "under cover", we used to get pooling on the back of the cover on the previous boat when the wind/rain blew from a certain direction. With this cover - no pooling!!

DGD, That's got to be akward to put on and take off. The padlock is cute.

The evo covers are nice. I'm glad I spent the coin after being cheap on the last 2 covers we bought. I will say the "no support poles" is a nice feature. We do have to extend the ski pylon to add some support and aid in water sheading. I've also ended up with some pools in extreme down pours.

If you order an evolution just make sure you order it in the off season. :)

I would rather have an Evo to trailer with. And then make a custom cover that wraps around the speakers & upper section of the tower. Then make the racks removable (no bugs, no theft, etc.).

Hmmmmm, maybe a winter project.

Bill, that's a good idea, with the evo, will spiders or bugs get in around the tower legs?

I've never had a problem with them getting in around the tower legs..... even though the opening is not super tight. My Evo has elastic around the tower legs, and I get very little water or bugs in there. But I imagine a velcro closing could be adapted too, and really secure it closed.

BTW, I have the Titan II, so my legs & leg openings in the cover are smaller diameter than the Illusions. Plus I have a black cover, and believe me, NOTHING can live under that cover on a nice day, it's just way too hot. We have plenty of spiders & bugs above the tower. I have to wipe the tower, speakers & racks down almost daily.

I can tell you that Cory's covers are awesome as this is my second one. My boat stay's on a lift at a marina and the bugs have been a huge problem this year. I think on the smaller towers such as the Titan's, the elastic fits very tight around the legs which keeps most of the bugs out. However, being that the G3 is so wide I find that even with the elastic it still has some openings that they can get in...it's been a bit of a pain. Still looking for away to close up the holes to keep the bugs out...