Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

call to MXZ owners

Night Rider

after owning two different WAKE SETTERS, both with four tank MLS, I'm curious if the MXZ with out the Bow tank has enough storage space for 400-500 LBS of Lead? is the MXZ similar to the LSV and VLX which weight in the bow is essential for rough water rides?how much storage space do you gain without the front tank?

Thanks in advance, NR

not enough to justify going without the bow tank, the area is shallow and would just complicate things. The bow tank does have its problems, including raising the floor when the tanks bows out but what would you want to put up there that would elevate performance anyway?

Edited by saidainc

in 400 hours of operation, i would care to venture that less then 25 have been with out full bow balast. i am considering going with the three tank MLS and placing comprable weight in LEAD under the bow seats. thus netting an increase in storage. hopefully enough room for the box anker and shore spike?

in 400 hours of operation, i would care to venture that less then 25 have been with out full bow balast. i am considering going with the three tank MLS and placing comprable weight in LEAD under the bow seats. thus netting an increase in storage. hopefully enough room for the box anker and shore spike?

Night... the 22s have a very low bow in regards to the water line....very low IMO compared to the other models.

Sac'd out during water sports is one thing... paying attention, nose up in the air etc...

but to have the bow sac'd our permanently with lead would not be something I'd be interested in. You'd constantly be a cadidate for taking rollers over the bow even at rest from another boat, with bow tank you demp the weight....something to consider.

We've pretty much run the same setup in the MXZ as a VLX, two 750's in the rear and a 1000 pound bow sac on top of stock. With all this bow weight it's still less likely to dunk as in the VXL in my experience. Now if you run just stock, no extra in the rear and throw 4 up front you can keep them cooled off.

This is a shot during a hydrofoil comp where they didn't want any extra rear weight. Everyone was moved up toward the front for a long rampy wake.

377712_10151935096390066_2136697915_n.jpg

Here's a shot with the extra sacs 75% loaded, just 2 people in the boat. All this to say I would not give up the flexablity of the bow tank, we also use a few lead bags when there are not extra people in the boat.

IMG_3503.jpg

Seems like all you Malibu guys rave about all the storage space you have over other boats? Kinda strange to read this.

Anyway another reason you wouldn't want to keep 4-500 on the bow all the time is I would think it a major stress on the boat and trailer when loading and unloading at the ramp.