Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Quick pin stuck preventing Illusion tower from collapsing for storage

Has anyone ever had an issue of pulling the quick pin on their Illusion tower? Today I purchased a 2006 Malibu Sunsetter LSV 21 from a private seller, got it home and began prepping it to put in my garage. Both quick pins were soaked with liquid penatrant (WD 40) and after a few tries I got one pin out with relative ease. If I get a buddy to slightly push on the tower the problem pin will rotate 360 deg without an issue, but only moves a 1/16" axially...while pulling on the pin with vice grips. The previous owner was set up such that they never had a need to collapse the tower, so for the last 4-5 yrs the tower has always been up. I placed a few calls to dealers inquiring if anyone has come across this problem and didn't have any success. In addition, I'm not getting any hits on the web. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.